Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- DCVB received the President's Award at the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Annual Quality of Excellence Gala.
- Community Engagement included the 35th Black Tie Dinner, Hispanic 100 20th Anniversary, Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce State of Black Business Forum and 90th Anniversary Gala, Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce, Latin Grammy Acoustic Session featuring Gloria Trevi, and the 34th Annual Muzik Magazine Awards (AFIRMMA) Panel Discussion at City Hall.
- Recruited M/WBE, Margie Aguliar, President/CEO of IS Productions and Alice Riggins, President & CEO of All in One Tours to the Bureau.
- Hosted clients at the Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Game.
- Attended the DDI, Inc. Board of Directors Meeting.
- Continue to support the team with Gay Games 2022 Bid, MegaFest 2017, NALEO, USHCC and Women's Final Four. Participated in a conference call with NGLCC to discuss bid process for cities interested in hosting the Annual Conference in 2018 or 2019.
- The Dallas CVB Hispanic Heritage Celebration, "SEE & EXPERIENCE Latino Dallas" featured the following speakers:
Phillip J. Jones, President & CEO, Dallas CVB, receives the President's Award at the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Annual Quality of Excellence Gala
At the 35th Black Tie Dinner - Cheryl Richards, SVP Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Dallas CVB; Sam Santiago, Founding Partner S & M Holdings, Dallas BIG Influencer; Joseph Hernandez, Community Activist and Volunteer, Dallas BIG Influencer; and Mayor Pro Tem Monica Alonzo, City of Dallas