Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- Welcome new Board Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chairman, Wanda Granier, President & CEO of Bridgework Partners (pictured, left).
- Continue to prepare for the 2017 Legislation Session – Bathroom Bill and the potential impact of discriminatory legislation on Dallas tourism, meetings and conventions. Spoke to several local legislators at a forum hosted by Representative Helen Giddings.
- Met with the meeting planner of The Women's Business Enterprise National Council to discuss possibility of bringing the national conference to Dallas.
- Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and Business Research Analyst attended the LGBT Tourism and Hospitality Conference.
- Hosted Downtown Dallas Board Meeting with VisitDallas President & CEO Phillip J. Jones as Keynote speaker, providing Industry update.
Phillip J. Jones delivering keynote address at the Downtown Dallas Board Meeting
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce International Business and Leadership Conference. Projected attendance for 2018: 1,350 and 2019: 1,500.
- Robotics Education Annual Staff Summit, May 20-25, 2018
- Robotics Education and Competition Foundation, 2019
Supported Events Include