Marketing & Communications - Executive Update, October 2016
- Visits: 154,728
- Unique users: 132,775
- Pageviews: 471,917
Main channels total: 201,103/up 2.1% from Sept. 2016
- Facebook: 138,250 likes
- Twitter: 33,890 followers
- Instagram: 27,550 followers
- Pinterest: 1,413 followers
Earned media impressions: 171,547,866
Earned media value: $252,273.59
As of September 24, 2016, room occupancy for the city of Dallas during the month of September was 72.1 percent/up 6.2 percent compared to last year.
The Dallas CVB public relations team welcomed 15 media from UAE, Germany, China and the United States in the month of October. Trips ranged from Etihad Airways to family-friendly travel – showcasing Dallas' abundant diversity and hospitable spirit.
- Etihad Airways (UAE) – An individual press trip with photojournalist Jamie Lafferty, producing a photo essay on traditional Texas experiences for Etihad Airways in-flight magazine. In Dallas, he focused on the State Fair of Texas.
- Bold Magazine (Germany) – An individual press trip with Michael Winckler, a freelance writer traveling through Texas, for an upcoming feature in Bold Magazine. The widely popular German lifestyle publication will feature Dallas in late 2016, and possibly again in Spring/Summer 2017. Michael explored top attractions and museums, and Dallas' favorite restaurants.
- Weekend Getaway FAM – In this press trip, designed by our PR team, we showcased Dallas as the ideal destination for a weekend getaway, for a couple or a group of friends. Highlights included the Dallas arts scene, great dining, nightlife and shopping.
- Family Travel with Colleen Kelly – A family-friendly press trip with parent, travel writer and seasoned traveler, Colleen Kelly. Host and travel guide Colleen Kelly shares expert travel tips and insights to create easier family vacations ?lled with once-in-a-lifetime memories. The 30-minute Dallas episode will include a behind-the-scenes look at family travel in Dallas, including top museums and attractions.
- Baidu Influencers (China) – In partnership with Baidu Travel, an extensive search engine and travel influencers site in China, Dallas hosted 10 digital influencers with a wide-ranging audience of more than 250 thousand followers.
- Out on the Road – This online video series features popular LGBT vloggers Davey Wavey and Duane Wells. They visited Dallas as a stop on their Texas road trip and featured Dallas' great barbeque, neighborhoods, shopping and luxury experiences. Out on the Road is a lighthearted series set to the backdrop of Davey and Duane's unlikely friendship.
Dallas in the News
More than 40 notable clips garnered in the month of October. Standouts include:
- Albuquerque Journal: "Dallas delights - Everything is big in Texas, and this city helps bolster the image," 10/9/16 Please link the underlined to the attached article
- Texas Journey: "Diving into Deep Ellum: A vintage Dallas neighborhood gets its groove on again,"/Dec. 2016
- Travel + Leisure: "America's Best Cities for Winter Travel," 10/16/16
- Southern Living: "City Guide: The New Dallas," Nov. 2016