Marketing & Communications
Executive Update, January 2017
- Visits: 153,365
- Unique users: 129,100
- Pageviews: 415,250
Main channels total: 206,925/up 1% from Dec. 2016
- Facebook: 139,860 likes
- Twitter: 34,911 followers
- Instagram: 30,710 followers
- Pinterest: 1,444 followers
- Print: $8,292,376
- Broadcast: $1,983,701
- Online: $525,132,053
- Print: $66,424.80
- Broadcast: $494,743.25
- Online: $99,005.03
Texas Welcomes All
This month we have been working hard to spread the word about SB6 (Bathroom Bill) that threatens to stifle the Texas economy. Phillip J. Jones, President and CEO of VisitDallas, continues to meet with legislators in Austin to educate them on the devastating impact SB6, and any discriminatory legislation, could have on the Texas economy - Texas Competes estimates that SB6 could cost the state $1-$8.5 billion in GDP and 185,000 jobs.
Phillip J. Jones Receives Community Service Award
Phillip Jones, President and CEO of VisitDallas, was awarded the prestigious Human Relations Award by the Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance (IMA) at the organization's annual banquet on Feb. 3. The Human Relations Award is the signature award given each year to an exemplary civic, business or religious leader who has made a measurable difference serving the community with distinction and impact.
We welcomed media from France, the Middle East and Italy in the month of January. The PR team partnered with American Airlines and Qatar Airways to produce media trips showing off Dallas to travelers from Paris, Lebanon, the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Additionally, a film crew from Rome visited Dallas to film for a Texas documentary to air on one of Italy's major networks. Notable press trips include:
American Airlines Paris
We welcomed three journalists from Paris in partnership with American Airlines to help launch the airline's addition of the new Dreamliner plane to the Dallas-Paris route. Journalists experienced a short, but strong, visit to the city, experiencing JFK history, the Arts District and checking out Dallas' diverse neighborhoods.
In collaboration with Qatar Airlines, we hosted four media from the Middle East in January for a unique trip highlighting shopping, Dallas' top attractions and medical tourism, a booming travel market for Middle Easterners. Dallas and Fort Worth collaborated with Cook Children's Medical Center, Wildcatter Ranch and Taxfree Shopping to secure and execute this press trip.
Fish Eye Filming (Italy)
The result of pitching in the Italian market, Italy's Fish Eye film crew filmed for five days in Dallas, covering a wide range of restaurants, attractions and neighborhoods. There is probably not one corner of the city they didn't explore. The Dallas content will appear in a larger Texas documentary on one of Italy's leading travel shows, called Kilimanjaro. In all, the crew spent almost three weeks in Texas.
Dallas in the News
Notable clips garnered this month:
- PCMA Convene: "Renee McKenney on Visitor Experience," 1/3/17 Article
- Meetings + Conventions: "Controversial Bathroom Bill Introduced in Texas," 1/6/17 Article
- CNNMoney: "Business trip to Dallas? Make the most of it," 1/9/17 Article
- Associated Press: "Texas Cautioned About Economic Costs of Transgender Bathroom Bill," 1/11/17 Article
- Meetings & Conventions: "New Coalition Forms to Battle Texas' Proposed Bathroom Bill," 1/12/17 Article
- Elle: "Style Across America: Dallas," 1/12/17 Article
- Meetings Today: "Texas CVBs Join Fight Against Discrimination," 1/14/17 Article
- Thrillist: "Local Dallas-Fort Worth Businesses You Should Support in 2017," 1/17/17 Article
- The Daily Meal: "The Joule: A Jewel in the Heart of Dallas," 1/19/17 Article
- Apartment List: "2017 Best Cities for Families," 1/24/17 Article
- Houston Chronicle: "Report: Houston-Dallas bullet train lands on Trump's list of top priorities," 1/25/17 Article