Marketing & Communications
Executive Update, February 2017
- Visits: 132,201
- Unique users: 112,981
- Pageviews: 406,848
Main channels total: 208,925/up 1% from Jan. 2017
- Facebook: 139,900 likes
- Twitter: 35,775 followers
- Instagram: 31,796 followers
- Pinterest: 1,454 followers
- Snapchat: 4 stories, 1001 unique views, 79% story completions
- Print: 9,781,913
- Broadcast: 1,983,701
- Online: 525,132,053
- Print: $50,325.89
- Broadcast: $494,743.25
- Online: $228,360.08
Senate Bill 6
The PR team has been working hard to spread the word about SB 6 that threatens to stifle the Texas economy. Phillip J. Jones, VisitDallas President and CEO, continues to meet with legislators in Austin to educate them on the devastating impact this bill, and any discriminatory legislation, could have on the Texas economy, and the team prepared for open testimony, which occurred the first week of March.
After testimony, the Texas Senate State Affairs Committee voted 7 to 1 to advance SB 6 to the full senate for consideration. The committee's decision is only one step in the process and we now prepare for the next battle in the Texas House of Representatives. The tourism industry and business leaders are working to make sure this bill does not become law. We have been, and will continue to, meet with Texas Representatives, and we're encouraged by the reasonable and thoughtful response we've received.
Texas embraces diversity and inclusiveness, and we're working to make sure our state stays open to business for all. For more information on the efforts against SB 6, visit TexasWelcomesAll.com.
NCAA Women's Final Four
In conjunction with the Dallas Sports Commission, the VisitDallas PR team began outreach for the Women's Final Four, which Dallas will host March 31 and April 2. VisitDallas wants to help visitors make the most of their weekend getaway in Dallas by sharing some of the most popular attractions, restaurants and more to explore between games. With tickets starting as low as $35 and plenty of time between the National Semifinal games March 31 and the National Championship game April 2, visitors will find Dallas both an affordable and exciting destination for a weekend away to celebrate the country's marquee annual woman's sporting event.
Notable upcoming FAMS
A quiet February gave the PR team the opportunity to prepare for a very busy March. The team will welcome six media trips in March from Australia, Germany, U.S. and the U.K., with coverage topics ranging from the arts to motorcycle culture in Dallas.
New team members
We're pleased to announce the addition of Paola Arias and Zane Harrington to the PR team, reporting to Stephanie Faulk, Director of Communications. Paola Arias joined the team as Public Relations Specialist focusing on the international market. She's primarily responsible for executing efficient and creative press trips for visitors from our leading international markets. Zane Harrington is also Public Relations Specialist, but focusing on domestic media. He'll pitch and execute press trips for the wide array of domestic media visiting Dallas every year. We're thrilled with the direction of the team and look forward to meeting everyone in the community!
Notable clips garnered this month:
- Skift: "Bathroom Bills Upend Meetings and 9 Other Tourism Trends This Week," 2/26/17 Article
- Where Traveler: "A 2017 Guide to the Best Spring Festivals in DFW," 2/28/17 Article
- Austin Chronicle: "Day Trips & Beyond: March Events Roundup," 3/1/17 Article
- Daily News Online: "Getting To Know Dallas," 3/1/17 Article
- Louisiana Life: "Nonstop Travel," 3/1/17 Article
- Orbitz.com: "Love stinks! Valentine's Day things to do for singles (and couples)," 2/3/17 Article
- Connect: "Texas CVBs Battle Proposed Bathroom Law SB 6," 2/6/17 Article
- Parachute: "10 crazy, craveable hot dogs in Dallas-Fort Worth," 2/7/17 Article
- Travel Industry Today: "Making a Difference: VisitDallas President and CEO Phillip Jones Honoured," 2/9/17 Article
- Southern Living: "14 of the Most Colorful Places to Visit," 2/10/17 Article
- Dallas Morning News: "PepsiCo signs on as first title sponsor as T.D. Jakes' MegaFest returns to Dallas in June," 2/17/17 Article
- Parachute: "Why you should bail on the beach and spring break in Dallas," 2/21/17 Article
- Tourist Meets Traveler: "5 Ways to Spend a Day in Dallas, Texas," 2/15/17 Article
- Austin Culture Map: "Here's the story behind Central Austin's mysterious cemetery," 2/15/17 Article