We're BIG on mixing business with pleasure
Dallas is the 4th fastest growing city in the U.S. and 7 of the top 15 cities are in Texas. As Texas grows, your potential drive audience continues to grow across all vertical market segments…and thus your event attendance grows.
- Dallas is America's #1 Most Business Friendly City - MarketWatch, 2015
- Texas named "Best State for Business" for 11 consecutive years - Chief Executive Magazine, 2015
- DFW International Airport named World's third most connected airport - OAG Aviation Worldwide, 2015
- Dallas is one of the best sports cities in the US - SI.com, 2015
Dallas is the top event and meeting destination in Texas thanks to a strong economy and low labor rates. As a "right-to-work" state, event planners will see lower event production costs, ensuring more budget for attendee engagement and experience.
With more than 13,000 Downtown Dallas area hotel rooms and 16 new hotel projects in the works, Dallas has an accommodation type and price point for every preference and budget. Dallas delivers a competitive hotel room rate ranked 22nd within the top 25 markets as defined by STR, yet our quality is unsurpassed.
Dallas is the top event and meeting destination in Texas thanks to our strong economy and low labor rates which are 27% lower than the national average*. As a "right to work" state, your lower event production costs will allow you to focus more of your event budget on attendee engagement and experience. *Red 7 Media/Event Marketing Institute Exhibition & Events Industry Labor Rates Survey 2013.
Two major airports providing direct flights from 170 airports every day of the year. Dallas is a stress-free 3-hour flight from almost anywhere in the country. Enjoy convenient and affordable access to Downtown Dallas on DART from DFW International and Love Field. Once downtown, enjoy free rides on D-Link and the McKinney Avenue Trolley.
From green spaces in the heart of the city to vibrant experiences across walkable neighborhoods, BIG Things Happen Here. Five major professional sports teams and a sprawling arts district encourage nights full of adrenaline and entertainment. With more than 20 entertainment areas, a multitude of options in shopping and dining ensures even the most diverse groups will leave pleasantly surprised and satisfied.
What can we do for you?
When you're planning an event, you need local industry experts to get the most out of your time. We've got the insider knowledge and the connections to make your event a success.
A few of the ways we can help you:
- Research Hotel Availability
- Locate Meeting Space
- Arrange and coordinate site inspections
- Recommend local experts who are knowledgeable about the city and hotels
- Connect you to community resources such as transportation, off-site venues and temporary staffing.
- Assist with overflow hotel blocks
- Promote the destination to your attendees
- Provide promotional materials
- Provide videos, images, logos
- Coordinate discounts at local attractions, retailers and restaurants
- Assist with Public Relations
- Creating a Microsite for your event
WE'VE GOT ANSWERS
Will VisitDallas Services increase the cost of my meeting?
There is no cost when using a convention and visitors bureau (CVB)! We are a non-profit that is commited to making your Dallas event a success.
I'm using a National Sales Office (NSO), so I don't need a CVB, right?
A NSO cares most about the brand you choose, but here at VisitDallas, we work with many different partners and brands to help you find the best solution for your needs.
Does VisitDallas only help citywide conventions?
Absolutely not! 85% of all meetings that CVBs assist are not citywide conventions. From meetings small to big, we have you covered.
Can't my host hotel(s) just provide me with all the information and resources I need?
Most hotels are actually partners of VisitDallas. We work hand-in-hand with them, which means we're the best source for information and services both inside and outside of the hotel.