As the ninth-largest city and part of the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the nation, Dallas covers approximately 343 square miles and has a population of 1,241,162. The ultra modern and sophisticated city attracts worldwide travelers, making the area the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas.
- One of the most environmentally-progressive cities in the country
- 10th among the nation's 100-largest metropolitan areas in green job creation.
- #3 on EPA's list of Top 20 local government partners
- ISO 14001 certified across all major operations
- Among the first cities to adopt a green building program
- Home to numerous award-winning and LEED certified buildings
- Working to become the greenest city in America
The Dallas Bikeway System allows for the implementation of a 1,296-mile network incorporating new and existing pathways for citizens preferring alternate forms of transportation. City Forestry programs promote tree planting projects and cultivate foresters with basic knowledge of tree skills to act as advocates for Dallas' urban forests. Through the use of e-cycling programs, consumers have access to free and convenient recycling options for computer, television and electronic equipment.Learn more about Green Dallas
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas has become one of the greenest facilities in the nation due to a determined effort to reduce energy consumption, install solar panels, practice water conservation and gain Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.Learn more about Green KBHCCD
Get going on your #DallasBIG adventure with the latest gear and apparel for your entire group.Shop Now