Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update November 2016
- An invitation to serve on the 2017 MegaFest Host Committee was sent out to some of our city, community and corporate leaders. Thank you to those that responded by the November 30th deadline. We are preparing and looking forward to hosting another successful MegaFest Dallas. We hosted the MegaFest/DART Integration meeting, November 15 in the VisitDallas boardroom. The MegaFest team provided a brief overview of the transportation schedule and process for the four-day festival. Thanks to all of the DART officials and MegaFest team members that attended.
- Participated as a speaker for the Inaugural Riverfront Jazz Festival Press Conference, hosted by The Black Academy of Arts & Letters. This event kicks off the Labor Day weekend, September 1-3, 2017, and already includes a great line-up of performers and entertainment.
- Supported the Dallas Sports Commission in preparation for the Gay Games 2022 bid proposal. Secured letters of support from corporate, non-profit, city and county leaders. Reviewed and provided documentation to support the bid proposal. Many thanks to everyone that submitted letters of support.
- The Diversity & Inclusion Team submitted an RFP to the Convention Sales & Services team for the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) for 2018 or 2019.
- Texas Open for Business (TAB) and Texas Competes 2017 briefing on the Bathroom Bill.
- Other activities include the Downtown Dallas, Inc. Board of Directors meeting, Texas Diversity Council Women's Conference, USHCC Foundation Gala, Hispanic Women Networking of Texas event.