Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update, January 2017
- Participated on a panel on the topic "Inclusive Destination" at the Texas Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus (TACVB) conference.
Phillip J. Jones, President and CEO of VisitDallas with Dennis Edwards, President and CEO of Visit Raleigh and John Rolfe, Chief Administrative Officer of Houston CVB at the TACVB conference
- Continue to attend weekly conference calls with Keep Texas Open for Business, Texas Competes and numerous investors to discuss strategy and updates on the SB6 Legislation.
- A MegaFest Host Committee VIP reception was held on January 26 at Jan Miller and Jeff Rich's home. Members were inspired, energized and ready to roll up their sleeves to assist in making the 2017 MegaFest a big success. This year's host committee will focus on reviewing and advising the MegaFest team on sponsorship development, hospitality, education, arts and culture, health and wellness, community outreach and business entrepreneurship. Save the Date: city council, stakeholders, partners and members are all invited to attend the Press Conference/Kick-off, February 17, 2017 at the Omni Dallas Hotel, Katy Trail Room.
- Supported and attended several meetings/events, including:
- Meeting with Mitchell Liday, National Director of Development from the National Association of Latino Elected Officials (NALEO)
- National Dental Association
- Texas Association Against Sexual Assault Annual Conference
- National Association of Nigerian Nurses of North America
- Business Leaders Network meeting and training session conducted by the National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- Dallas Black Dance Theatre Founders Luncheon
- Dallas Regional Chamber Annual Meeting
- Texas Diversity Council Meeting
- The Trumpet Awards
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Board installation