Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- VisitDallas participated as the Jazz Stage Sponsor for the inaugural Riverfront Jazz Festival produced and hosted by Curtis King and The Black Academy of Arts and Letters September 1-3 at Texas Horse Park. The festival was a major success attracting over 30 national artists, 50 local artists and an attendance of 15,900 people.
Riverfront Jazz Festival – Erykah Badu
- Our Diversity and Inclusion and Cultural Tourism teams collaborated with the African American Museum to host a reception/introduce the Moving Cities: Dallas exhibition that will be on display at the African American Museum throughout the State Fair of Texas.
Moving Cities: Dallas - Claude Alexander III of Dallas Black Dance Theatre
- Hosted LGBT National Media for Pride Weekend while our agency, Alternate Route, initiated a parade activation that included distributing "ALL LOVE IS BIG LOVE" items to the parade attendees. Staff had a presence at key Pride events and created a post-event digital campaign on what attendees were most proud of in Dallas, using local LGBTQ talent.
Dallas Pride Parade
Other activities attended/supported
- African American Leadership Institute Fall Policy Summit at Paul Quinn College.
- VisitDallas' Maria Espinosa and Veronica Torres presented best practices for celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month at the Texas Diversity Council meeting.
- STR Industry Trends Luncheon hosted by The Hotel Association of North Texas.
- Downtown Dallas Membership Luncheon.
- LGBT Pride Festival VIP Reception at the Hilton Anatole.
- Met with U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce staff in preparation for October meeting.