Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- Hosted an African American Community Leaders Reception, October 3 at Industrious in One Arts Plaza, followed by the Asian/Pacific American CEO luncheon on October 4th at Perry's Steakhouse. CEOs in attendance were Victor Won, Lumin Health; James Mun, L'OBJET, Sammantha Kang, Nissi Group; Daniel Eng, AREAA; Davue Gu, Sharp Business; Dr. Charles Ku, DDS, Sun Ray School; Karkat Ali, A to Z Wholesale; Tabassum Mumtaz, APEX Restaurant Management. We hope that these stakeholder events will continue to increase awareness and perception of VisitDallas and the economic impact that meetings, conventions and events bring to our city.
Asian American CEO Luncheon
African American Community Leaders Reception
- Dallas hosted the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Annual Convention, Oct. 1-3 at the Omni Dallas Hotel, while also hosting the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association Foundation Board, Oct. 2-3 at VisitDallas offices. Thanks to former board member Stephan Pyles for wowing the group with an incredible dinner at Texas Stampede during their stay. We are looking forward to potentially hosting IGLTA's national convention in the near future.
- Executive Management Team and staff participated in a ½ day Leadership Development training session entitled "Lead Brilliantly, Reset, Realign and Re-Emerge" presented by leadership expert, Simon T. Bailey of Simon T. Bailey International.
Other Activities Attended/Supported
- The North Texas Business Leadership Network meeting highlighting people with disabilities month at the American Airlines Training and Conference Center, Press Conference and Ribbon Cutting for the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum, National Diversity Council Diversity First Awards luncheon, Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner, and Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce Diversity Beyond Boundaries Luncheon.
- VisitDallas was a sponsor of the 2nd Annual North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce Texas Business Equality Conference. Chris Wallace, president/CEO of Texas Association of Businesses recapped the 2017 Legislative Session as the opening session speaker.
- Congratulations to Maria Espinosa, VisitDallas Diversity and Inclusion Resource Manager for receiving the Diversity First Award.