Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- Phillip Jones, VisitDallas President & CEO, welcomed Chris Wallace, CEO of Texas Association of Businesses and local Dallas Businesses to our offices on November 1 to provide a full recap of the 2017 Legislative session and what to look forward to in the next session.
- VisitDallas was a sponsor of the 2nd Annual North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce Business Equality Conference, held at the AT&T Headquarters.
- In recognition of National Veterans month, Phillip Jones, VisitDallas President & CEO, introduced State Representative Victoria Neave to discuss the significant contributions of Veterans. Monica Paul, Dallas Sports Commission Executive Director, introduced Dan Higgins who was the local organizing committee chair during the National Veterans Wheel Chair Games that Dallas hosted in 2015.
- The team attended the LGBT Community Marketing Insights (CMI) Convention in San Francisco, CA, November 2-4 to gather the latest research on travel trends. Since 1992, CMI has supported the LGBT tourism and hospitality industries with LGBT research, conferences and training.
- The NFL-approved list of local diverse and GLBT Chambers, along with Minority Supplier Business Development Council and Women's Business Council Southwest, were invited to attend an NFL Business Connect meeting hosted by the Dallas Sports Commission and VisitDallas, November 29 to hear about the event supplier program for women/minority-owned, LGBT and Veteran-owned businesses for the upcoming NFL Draft.
- The team hosted Diversity and Inclusion Professionals, customers and community leaders during the Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles Football game November 30 at AT&T Stadium.
- Cheryl Richards, VisitDallas Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, along with Renee McKenney, Chief Experience Officer and Gayla Fussell, Director of National Accounts, was introduced to the new meeting professional for Women's Foodservice Forum. Plans are underway to customize the experience for the Annual Leadership Conference in March.
- Monica R. Alonzo, VisitDallas' Immediate Past Chairman, welcomed the Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education Board of Directors to Dallas during their planning meeting at the Marriott Quorum Hotel November 18.
- VisitDallas was a sponsor of the Black Tie Dinner and provided welcome gifts to be placed in the suites of major sponsors, featured guests and talent of the gala. The gifts were presented in a branded gift bag. During the event a live auction featured an exclusive package to attend Aspen Gay Ski Week, the largest LGBTQ winter event in the country.
NFL Draft diversity supplier program meeting
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles game
VisitDallas celebrates Veterans Day
Other Activities Attended/Supported
In other activities, the team attended the Grand Opening of Premier Transportation, VisitDallas member; the Dallas Citizen's Council Annual Luncheon; Aga Khan Council (Rays of Light Exhibition and luncheon); Texas Diversity Council meeting, HWNT: Latinas in Progress; Tour and meeting with Jorge Baldor, owner of Mercado's Art Gallery in the Jefferson Street District; and reception hosted at the home of Mitchell McCrea, Chairman of the Texas Horse Park in honor of The Black Academy of Arts and Letters.