Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee met on February 2 at the VisitDallas office. Frank Librio, VisitDallas' Chief Marketing Officer, provided a detailed overview of marketing and communications' commitment to diversity and inclusion through all the public relations and marketing efforts.
- On February 15, Phillip Jones, VisitDallas' President and CEO, met Rick Ortiz, President of the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce; Marnese Elder, President of the Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce; Tony Vedda, President of the North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce and Galileo Jumaoas, President of the Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce in a President/CEO roundtable discussion over lunch. The roundtables have been productive and informative, allowing for open discussion on the partnerships and upcoming programs and initiatives.
- Matt Jones, VisitDallas' CFO/COO presented the 2018 Human Relations Awards to Senator Royce West at the 53rd Annual Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance (IMA) banquet on February 2 at Dallas Market Center. VisitDallas supports the work of IMA in improving and maintaining quality of life for the underserved communities.
- Phillip Jones and several board members attended the Texas Association of Business (TAB) Legislative Executive Update Roundtable on February 22 at J.P. Morgan Chase. Chris Wallace, TAB president and CEO, provided an update on the 2019 legislative issues including the Bathroom Bill.
- Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education
- Rhema Ministries
- NFL Draft Business Connect
- Women's Foodservice Forum
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Association of Nigerian Physicians
- Texas State Hispanic Genealogical and Historical Conference
- Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce Board Installation
- Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce Quests for Success Luncheon
- Dallas Business Journal 2018 Minority Business Leaders Awards Luncheon
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Board Installation
- Downtown Dallas, Inc. Board of Governors
VisitDallas' Matt Jones with Carol and Royce West at IMA Awards Dinner
VisitDallas' Cheryl Richards at the President/CEO Roundtable