Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
- Phillip Jones, VisitDallas President and CEO, and Mayor Mike Rawlings provided a big Dallas welcome at the Annual Leadership Conference of the Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. Over 3,000 women and men that are leading the way in the foodservice industry convened in Dallas, March 4-7. Phillip also welcomed 100 CEOs and presidents of WFF during the thought-provoking CEO Forum during the event.
Mayor Rawlings; Hattie Hill, WFF President and CEO; and Phillip Jones, VisitDallas President and CEO, at the WFF Annual Leadership Conference
- Cheryl Richards, VisitDallas Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, was invited to serve on a panel for VRM University whose primary mission is to administer quality professional education and industry knowledge to the real estate and mortgage services industries. The University is developing a Council for Inclusion in Financial Services and asked VisitDallas to share best practices in inclusion and diversity.
- Diversity and Inclusion, Tourism and Experience Departments hosted tour operators, VisitDallas minority-owned businesses and potential partners at the 2018 Mexican Nationals Championship game (Mexico vs. Croatia) at AT&T Stadium.
- The Diversity and Inclusion team continues to plan for the upcoming African American Community Leaders reception and work with our Latino and Asian agencies on future Stakeholder engagement and CEO events.
- African American Muzik Awards
- Dallas Southern Pride
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Women's Foodservice Forum
- Association of Nigerian Physicians
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives
- International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA)
- Southwest Airlines VisitDallas Customer Service Master Class
- Hotel Association of North Texas Annual Meeting
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Quality & Excellence Awards Luncheon
- Taste of Oak Cliff Festival
- DALLAS 40th anniversary dinner with the TV show cast members