Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update
Attended a breakfast meeting, May 2 at the Omni Dallas hotel with VisitDallas' Deb Burleson, Asian American Hotel Owners Association president and CEO, Chip Rogers and Senior Director of Events Askar Patel, as part of a site visit hosted by VisitDallas. Definite booking for 2021 Annual Convention and Trade Show.
Attended the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association convention in Toronto, Canada. IGLTA is the world's premier educational and networking event for LGBTQ tourism professionals. The convention connects gay friendly travel and tourism suppliers and buyers through its hosted buyer and scheduled appointment program. We will be bidding on the 2021 IGLTA Annual Conference.
Hosted the first integration team meeting to assist Dr. Harry Robinson, African American Museum Executive Director, and Councilmember Kevin Felder with the marketing and public relations for the Jefferson Monticello Exhibition that will be on display at the African American Museum, September 22-December 31. Thanks to Councilmember Felder for bringing this landmark exhibit to Dallas. Press Conference was held at the African American Museum June 19.
- African American Muzik Awards
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Association of Nigerian Physicians
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- City of Dallas Task Force Spirit of Equality Awards Program
- EQ Organization XCentric Conference RFP
- Veterans Women's Resource Center Launch
- Aga Khan Council
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Partner Meeting
- Byron Nelson Golf Tournament
- Savor Dallas
- Texas Diversity Council
- WFF Global Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group