Marketing & Communications
Executive Update, September 2017
- Visits: 178,320 / down 1% from August
- Unique users: 149,631 / down 1% from August
- Pageviews: 432,859 / up 3% from August
Main channels total: 225,119 / up 1% from August
- Facebook: 145,776 likes
- Twitter: 39,005 followers
- Instagram: 38,790 followers
- Pinterest: 1,548 followers
- Print: 10,094,864
- Broadcast: 1,477,941
- Online: 497,502,165
- Print: $51,980.34
- Broadcast: $580,776.63
- Online: $155,803.50
Dallas in the News
- Martha Stewart: "90,000 Pumpkins Recreate "The Wizard of Oz" at the Dallas Arboretum This Fall," 9/25/17 Article
- Deep Fried Fit: "Best Places to Eat, Drink, and Play in Downtown Dallas," 9/26/17 Article
- Inverse: "How To Plan Your Next Solar Eclipse Vacation," 8/25/17 Article
- USA Today: "Fall's travel-worthy food and beverage events," 9/1/17 Article
- HuffPost: "Pride Isn't Just For The Summer: 8 LGBT Events You Can Still Attend This Year," 9/5/17 Article
- Sports Destination Management: "Dallas Announces Varied Schedule of Sports Events," 9/7/17 Article
- RedNews: "$108M Virgin Hotel Dallas bringing lace-clad vision to Design District," 9/11/17 Article
- Just Short of Crazy: "48 Hours in Dallas," 9/11/17 Article
- Thrillist: "Everything You Have To Do in Dallas This Fall," 9/13/17 Article
- Dallas Morning News: "Dallas rejects resolution to ban travel, business with North Carolina over LGBT laws," 9/13/17 Article
- CultureMap Dallas: "Dallas-Fort Worth Airport lands new airline for flights to Iceland," 9/14/17 Article
- The Points of Life: "Hyatt Regency Dallas: 12 Hours of Straight Sleep," 9/14/17 Article
- The Times-Picayune: "A hard sell. The city depends on the tourism industry. So what do we tell people when crime dominates the news?" 9/8/17 Online Version of Article
- Travel Weekly: "Wow and Icelandair each will launch Dallas service," 9/14/17 Article
- ArtDaily.org: "Nasher Sculpture Center announces Theaster Gates as winner of the 2018 Nasher Prize," 9/19/17 Article
- New York Times: "Theaster Gates Wins $100,000 Nasher Prize for Sculpture," 9/19/17 Article
The Meadows Museum: Zurbaran's Jacob and His Twelve Sons
VisitDallas partnered with the Meadows Museum to bring three art journalists from Spain and one journalist from the U.S. to Dallas. During their time here, these journalists experienced the Meadows Museum's newest exhibit – thirteen life-size paintings based on the Book of Genesis about Jacob and his twelve sons. Additionally, these journalists experienced Dallas' rich and diverse scene by visiting the Dallas Arts District and touring the Fairmont hotel's artist-in-residence program.
VisitDallas hosted eight media members this year for its annual Dallas PRIDE Media FAM. Journalists from Cosmopolitan, OutBuzz, Metrosource and AfterEllen.com came to experience the thriving LGBTQ community first-hand. In addition to exploring all that Oak Lawn has to offer, media members experienced the Red Party, Trevor Party and even AT&T's Broadway Series in the Dallas Arts District.
National Geographic Traveller UK
VisitDallas welcomed National Geographic Traveller UK who explored Dallas' various neighborhoods for a 7-page feature on the city. During their visit the duo visited Cidercade in the Design District, dined at Braindead Brewery and enjoyed live music in Deep Ellum, visited the Arts District and explored the local shops in Bishop Arts.
James Martin's American Adventure
In conjunction with Texas Tourism, VisitDallas hosted UK television show James Martin's American Adventure in which celebrity chef and host of the show, James Martin, travels around the country exploring different cities' culinary scenes and cooking with prominent chefs. During their visit, Chef Martin cooked with Chef Stephen Pyles at Flora Street Café, visited Southfork and tried some fried favorites at the State Fair of Texas.
American Airlines Asia Pacific
In collaboration with American Airlines, VisitDallas hosted 14 media for a day and a half after their international media day with the airline. The media group explored the best of Dallas through a city bus tour and CityPASSes. The media group also enjoyed a half day at the State Fair of Texas, where they tried fried food and listened to live music.
State Fair of Texas
"Our state fair is a great state fair," and VisitDallas brought four Texas-based digital influencers in to experience just how great it really is. While here, they explored the fair's many offerings, ate as much Texas-fried food as they possibly could, and visited Dallas' CityPASS attractions with their families.
Snapchatter Andy Burgess has such a knack for the fine art of 'snapping' that even Forbes Magazine has noted his creativity, depth of knowledge and reach. In late September, VisitDallas hosted Andy Burgess and he was able to share all that Dallas has to offer, including our CityPASS locations, the thriving food and beverage scene, the Joule Hotel and even AT&T Stadium! Additionally, while here, he was able to assist VisitDallas' digital team in their current Snapchat plan.
Air France Outremer
VisitDallas welcomed three media from Air France Outremer. They experienced a bit of Dallas' past with trail riding at Southfork, as well as a feel of the modern side of the city exploring the city's art scene in the Dallas Arts District and a mural tour of Deep Ellum. Dining stops included barbecue, Tex-Mex and Trinity Groves, among others.
Riverfront Jazz Festival
In partnership with TBAAL, VisitDallas brought in a handful of media members for the first Riverfront Jazz Festival. During their stay, these individuals experienced Dallas' rich musical heritage as well as current musical talent. In addition to the festival, journalists saw many of Dallas' premiere tourist attractions, including Reunion Tower and The Sixth Floor Museum.