Marketing & Communications
Executive Update, January 2018
- Visits: 215,273 / down 5.9% from Dec. / up 36% YOY
- Unique users: 188,022 / up 10% from Dec. / up 38.8% YOY
- Pageviews: 528,361 / up 5.3% from Dec. / up 21.6% YOY
Main channels total: 237,046 / up 1.4% from Dec.
- Facebook: 151,243 likes
- Twitter: 40,720 followers
- Instagram: 43,510 followers
- Pinterest: 1,573 followers
- Print: 7,672,889
- Broadcast: 808,791
- Online: 595,455,405
- Print: $466,575.41
- Broadcast: $76,098.95
- Online: $117,303.98
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the iconic DALLAS TV series and we're celebrating with legendary cast members Linda Gray (Sue Ellen Ewing), Patrick Duffy (Bobby Ewing), Charlene Tilton (Lucy Ewing) and Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs) March 30-31, 2018. VisitDallas and Southfork Ranch have partnered to produce a weekend of events to commemorate one of the most popular TV shows in American pop culture history – with events Friday, March 30, and Saturday, March 31. Start the weekend Friday with Southfork tours and a meet-and-greet with the legendary cast members, and close out Saturday with a bang as you party at the historic Longhorn Ballroom. Please see the full release attached.
- CultureMap: "Visit Dallas presents Dallas 40th Year Reunion" ARTICLE
- WFAA: "'Dallas' 40th anniversary celebration planned" CLIP
LA LGBTQ Media Mission
The VisitDallas PR team worked with Diversity and Inclusion to execute a mission to Los Angeles targeting the LGBTQ market. The highlight of the event, an evening cocktail party at the new Jeremy Hotel rooftop, featured about 60 media and major influencers in the LGBTQ space. The below media clip captures the spirit of the event very well.
- LA Blade: "Dallas does Los Angeles and y'all came out" ARTICLE
Customer Service Master Class: It's Hospitality Y'All
VisitDallas opened and completed the application process for the Customer Service Master Class: It's Hospitality Y'All in January. VisitDallas and Southwest Airlines partnered to offer the master class on March 9, 2018, in Dallas. This one-day, immersive experience will feature sessions led by some of the best in the business, all based in North Texas, to enhance the customer experience for all Dallas visitors. More information is available at www.visitdallas.com/masterclass.
The PR team hosted journalist Henry Barchet from SWR Radio, one of the top public service radio and television stations in Germany. Henry's Dallas visit is part of a larger road trip throughout Texas to discover not only top attractions in the state, but also learn more about its rich music history. Stops on Henry's Dallas itinerary included live music and dining at The Rustic, a night out in Deep Ellum and meeting with local music venue owners.
VisitDallas hosted an editor from PRIDE Media to come to Dallas for Black Tie Dinner. The editor enjoyed a customized Dallas itinerary which included a tour and interview at The Resource Center and exposure to the many philanthropic ways Dallas supports and gives to the LGBTQ community.
UK Sunday Times Travel Magazine
VisitDallas hosted a freelance journalist from the UK Sunday Times Travel Magazine. The focus of the visit was to explore both the traditional side of Dallas and get a glimpse of the modern side of the city. Stops in his itinerary included the Sixth Floor Museum, Dallas Arts District, dinner at Adair's Saloon and Lockhart Smokehouse as well as a tour of AT&T Stadium.
The VisitDallas PR team hosted a Nashville-based freelancer who writes for The Tennessean and Nashville Lifestyles. During her time here, she began researching the many unique Dallas neighborhoods, including Lower Greenville, Deep Ellum, Downtown, and experienced a full-service stay at the Adolphus.
Dallas in the News
- Smart Meetings: "Big Business: 36 Hours in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex," 1/4/2018 ARTICLE
- Successful Meetings: "Case Studies in Success" feature mentioning Dallas, December 2017 ARTICLE
- Vacations & Travel (Australia): "TECH-savvy Texas," January 2018 ARTICLE
- Country by Country (UK): "Food Trucking in Dallas" 12/20/17 ARTICLE
- Meetings Today: "PCMA's Attendance Numbers Scream Success" 1/17 ARTICLE
- Voice: "Visit Dallas includes Oak Lawn in series of videos featuring city's neighborhoods" 1/23/18 ARTICLE