Dallas BIG Pride Snapchat Campaign
VISIT DALLAS' 2016 DALLAS BIG PRIDE SNAPCHAT CAMPAIGN
OFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
ONLY LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, AGE 18 OR OLDER.
Visit Dallas knows all love is BIG love. Visit Dallas will be launching Dallas BIG Pride, a social campaign to share stories from the LGBT community about coming out, supportive friends and family, and living in Dallas. That's why we need you. More specifically, we need your voice. So add us on Snapchat, share your story and be part of something BIG in the Dallas LGBT community. Here are the official Terms & Conditions:
1. PARTICIPATION PERIOD: The Dallas BIG Pride Snapchat Campaign begins at 09:00:00 a.m. CST on July 14, 2016 and ends at 12:00:00 p.m. CST on August 30, 2016 ("Participation Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Campaign is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of participation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Visit Dallas may verify eligibility at any time. Visit Dallas will make any determinations of eligibility. Visit Dallas' decision as to eligibility is final.
3. TO PARTICIPATE: Eligible participants may enter the Campaign by sending up to three ten-second snaps to the Visit Dallas Snapchat account sharing their story/answer for that week's question. There is no monetary cost to enter the Campaign. Limit three (3) entries per person, per question. There may be more than one person in each entry. Each participant must be over the age of 18 and a legal resident of the United States.
Eligible participant acknowledges and agrees that any information can be disclosed publicly and is solely responsible for any consequences thereof. Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement; Must not disparage Visit Dallas, or any other person or party affiliated with the Campaign and administration of this Campaign; Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; Must not contain any offensive or vulgar language nor depict any pornographic or illegal act; Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or the local jurisdiction where the Entry is created. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SHARE YOUR ENTRY ON YOUR PERSONAL SOCIAL MEDIA AS A CONDITION TO ENTERING THIS CONTEST.
Visit Dallas must receive entries each week no later than 011:59:00 p.m. CST each Tuesday night of the Campaign. Any attempt by a person to use multiple identities to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification at Visit Dallas' discretion. By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of Visit Dallas. Entry information becomes the exclusive property of Visit Dallas upon submission. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of Entry.
6. VERIFICATION: The chosen participant will be notified on the Wednesday of each week. Visit Dallas will reply to the chosen participant's snap through the Visit Dallas Snapchat account.
7. WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS: By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of Visit Dallas. You further grant Sponsor and its affiliates and sublicenses the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. Visit Dallas has the right to disqualify any entry, if the entry (or any part thereof) contains false, untrue, obscene, or indecent statements or material or if the submission (or any part thereof) violates any applicable law, as determined in their sole discretion.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Visit Dallas, Snapchat, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, or any wholesalers, retailers, importers, or distributors together with the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the "Releasees") are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] failed, garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; [b] any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic, cellular telephone related or otherwise; [c] traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or wireless phone/handset related to or resulting from participation in this Campaign; [d] late, lost, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries, email messages, or postage-due mail; [e] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Visit Dallas that may cause the Campaign to be disrupted or corrupted. By entering and participating, entrants agree to: [a] abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Visit Dallas, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Campaign; [b] the use of their names, photographs, testimonials or other likeness and/or other information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) by Visit Dallas and its designee(s) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the universe in perpetuity, including but not limited to the posting of their names on the Campaign Page, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, to the winner to the extent permitted by law; and [c] to release, discharge and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Campaign or their acceptance, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Campaign, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification at Visit Dallas' sole discretion and selection of an alternate participant. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CAMPAIGN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTEST ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Snapchat entry must be made by the entrant only on the authorized Visit LGBT Dallas Snapchat. Any potential participant who entered by any of the prohibited methods will be disqualified and an alternate participant will be selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the "authorized account holder" associated with the Snapchat account of the Snapchat profile at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Visit Dallas' satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Visit Dallas reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any associated website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Campaign is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Visit Dallas, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Campaign, Visit Dallas reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and to select the applicable participant(s) from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Visit Dallas in its sole discretion.
IN NO EVENT WILL VISIT DALLAS, SNAPCHAT, THEIR LICENSEES AND/OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST PAGE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CAMPAIGN POST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE CAMPAIGN ENTRY IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Campaign or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Visit Dallas in connection with the Campaign, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. PRIZE: Participants chosen will not receive a prize of any kind for this campaign.
12. SEVERABILITY/HEADINGS: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Snapchat. You understand that you are providing your information to Visit Dallas and not to Snapchat. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes described in the Official Rules of the Campaign. Please direct any questions to Visit Dallas and not to Snapchat.