Sales - Executive Update
- Finished fiscal production for 2015-2016 at 31% up over the past 2 years.
- Completed new sales and leadership training for the team and leaders via a partnership with Master Connection Associates. Working with the board of directors Sales & Services Subcommittee, we strategically re-engineered our goal setting process to maximize the return we are providing to the city and our partners. This comprehensive review of our selling strategy set the stage for an even more successful 2016-2017, as the market looks to add 22 hotels between now and the end of 2017.This will represent a new challenge of an additional 500,000 more room nights to sell than in 2015-2016.
- Wrapped up the annual meetings of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists and the Urban Land Institute and strategic planning visits from the American Society of Association Executives to put together our partnership with them for the next 3 years, which will lead to our hosting their Annual Meeting in 2021.
- Hosted our local corporate partner, Lanyon, for their annual "Lanyon Live" event at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. This event brought 500 people, and most importantly about 250 corporate meeting planners to Dallas for education and an opportunity to network with the Dallas CVB team at an event hosted at the fun Crashed Toys venue on their final night. Thanks to Mark Woelffer and the Renaissance team for hosting another outstanding event for us!
- The Dallas CVB had 4 representatives at the annual IMEX America event in Las Vegas. The 6th IMEX event set new records for the show, with over 3,000 hosted buyers attending. To reflect the competitive world in which we compete, there were 3,250 exhibiting companies, a 4.8% increase over last year, representing 139 countries. 69 new companies exhibited, while another 69 expanded the size of booth for this show, reflecting the health of the show. There were over 60,000 individual scheduled appointments and booth presentations. Dallas received an increased number of leads again this year that will result in both repeat and new business for Dallas.
Serviced 19 groups, including:
- International Council of Shopping Centers ICSC Texas Conference and Deal Making
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists Annual Meeting 2016
- Urban Land Institute Fall Meeting & Expo
- National Assn. of College Stores-NACS
- Randall-Reilly Publishing GATS
- ASAE 17th Annual Power of A - Summit Awards Dinner, Washington DC
- IMEX America 2016, Las Vegas, NV
- Lanyon Live 2016, Dallas, TX
Sited Dallas as a possible upcoming meeting location:
- Asset Marketing/Madison Training (March 2017)
- Council of Chief State School Officers / National Teacher of the Year Induction Program (Feb. 2017)
- Sonus Americas Meeting (Jan. – Feb. 2017)
- Uline National Sales Meeting (June 2017)
- Deere & Company Aftermarket Expo (Dec. 2018)
- National Ayurvedic Medical Association NAMA (April 2018)
- National Business Aviation Association, Inc. Business Aviation Taxes Seminar (May 2018)
- NEC Corporation of America Advantage Conference (May 2018)
- Semiconductor Research Corporation / SRC TECHCON (Sept. 2018)
- Southern Early Childhood Association (Jan. 2018)
- Trustmark Insurance Co. Producer Conference (Jan. 2018)
- Anytime Fitness and Waxing the City Conference (Sept. 2018)
- Texas Medical Association, Association Management Services TexMed Education (May 2019)
- CHARGE Syndrome Foundation Biennial Meeting (July 2019)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (June 2019)
- American Pharmacists Association APhA Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar (Oct. 2019)
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship (March 2019)
- ISPIM/Innovation Forum (March 2020)
- LeadingAge Texas 61st Annual Conference & Solutions (May 2020)
- National Council of Teachers of English (Nov. 2021)
The Dallas CVB sales team took a few minutes after week-long training to go visit Pegasus for a group photo.