Sales - Executive Update
It has been a very busy second quarter with face-to-face customer engagement both domestically and internationally.
- Meeting Professionals International European Meetings & Events Conference – VisitDallas hosted planners who attended this three-day conference in Granada, Spain, attended by 288 planners from the U.S. and Europe. Targeting inbound European based corporate event planners to promote U.S. and Dallas for inbound meetings and U.S. Event attendance. Also participated in MPI Global Board of Trustees meeting.
- SISO CEO Summit –VisitDallas participated in this high-level executive (owners, CEO's, presidents, senior officers) summit attended by the "for profit" media and tradeshow ownership companies.
- ASAE KPAC (Key Professional Associations Committee) – VisitDallas hosted ASAE's KPAC Spring Retreat held at the Omni Dallas. This committee is composed of chief staff executives (CEOs, presidents and executive directors) of individual member organizations/associations. A total of 24 executives and ASAE Foundation staff in attendance. Hosted, in partnership with the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, a dinner on Wednesday, March 29.
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Chapter Business Summit – Dallas hosted their Chapter Business Summit (CBS) at the Renaissance Dallas. This two-day leadership development program brings together more than 250 MPI leaders from around the world of which 145 are meeting professionals. VisitDallas sponsored the Friday Night Reception at the Renaissance Dallas.
- PCMA Education Foundation Partnership Summit –Phillip J. Jones, VisitDallas president/CEO, hosted customers and their guests as well as engaged with other sponsored customers at this educational and fundraising event for research and grants to industry event professionals.
- VisitDallas customers:
- Bobby Heard, Associate Executive Director, American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Lexy Olisko, MBA, CMP, CEM, Director of Conferences, Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA)
- Lenay Gore, Senior Director of Meetings & Conventions,American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
Other tradeshows/Industry events:
- DMAI Spirit of Hospitality Celebration – March 1 – Washington DC
- Dallas hotel General Manager sales call week and DMAI Destination Showcase – Feb 27-March 2 – Washington DC
- ASAE's Great Ideas Conference – March 5-7 – Orlando
- PCMA Partner Conference – March 13-15– Chicago
- MPI Northern California Chapter ACE Tradeshow – March 9 – San Francisco
- CBI's Pharma Forum – March 12-15 – National Harbor, MD
- Experient EnVision – March 15-19 – Cleveland
- Connect Diversity – March 27-29 – Las Vegas
- The Austin Regional office attended TSAE Tech Talks in Austin on March 30 which was attended by over 125 association executives that represented 47 key accounts for Dallas.
- Attended the Envision – Experient Show in Cleveland, Ohio; over 100 sourcing and account managers w/ Experient
- Sales presentations and calls in Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, WI
- Hosted 20 clients in Chicago for the Dallas Stars – Chicago Blackhawks Hockey game
- Sales presentations and two client events in Indianapolis. Over 30 fraternity accounts, third party accounts and corporate accounts.
13 organizations visited in March to consider Dallas for a future event:
Kyani Team Fusion Homecoming - 2017
MATHCOUNTS Coordinator Conference - 2017
Transplace Customer Advisory Board Meeting - 2017
Dentsply Sirona North America Sales Meeting - 2018
MainStreet Technologies National Conference - 2018
Pitney Bowes Digital Sales Kickoff - 2018
Verizon Wireless Network Leadership Meeting - 2018
American Journalism Historian Association Annual - 2019
Obesity Medicine Association Symposium - 2019
United Soybean Council Board - 2019
Troutman Sanders Partner Retreat - 2019
Texas Assoc. of Secondary School Principals - 2020
NAFSA Annual Conference and Educational EXPO - 2020
As of March 25, 2017, room occupancy for the city of Dallas during the month of March was 75.1 percent, down 1.2 percent when compared to the same month last year.