Sales - Executive Update
Dallas Delivers: We are very excited that our new "Dallas Delivers" group meetings messaging/campaign hit a few industry publications this month. We are receiving valuable feedback from partners and customers, while leads are up 7.8% over last year through April.
- ConferenceDirect BIG D Rewards Focus Group during APM and HelmsBriscoe Annual Business Conference 2017: These events were held by our two largest volume customers, HelmsBriscoe and ConferenceDirect. In addition to attending the education sessions, our team is using the opportunity to promote our BIG D Rewards program that has resulted in increases in year-over-year bookings, and that also provides a private marketing channel for promotions from VisitDallas partners.
- Convention Industry Council Board of Directors Dinner: This event welcomed the Presidents and CEOs of the major industry organizations: ASAE, ESPA, MPI, HSMAI, SISO, NACE, CEMA, IAVM, ILEA, IAEE, SGMP, NCBMP, AMCI and the Incentive Research Foundation. VisitDallas President/CEO Phillip Jones made a presentation on the status of SB6 and HB2899. Unanimously these board and member organizations are in support of the Texas Welcomes All efforts.
- Sales calls and remote office customer engagements were held in the Midwest and Austin markets:
- MPI Chicago Chapter Trivia Night
- Destination Celebration in Kansas City and Minneapolis
- Texas FCCLA
- 25 organizations sited Dallas during April 2017 for potential future business.
As of April 22, 2017, room occupancy for the city of Dallas during the month of April was 73.4%, down 10.6% when compared to the same month last year.