Sales - Executive Update
- Attended IMEX Frankfurt/Europe travel trade show in conjunction with Texas Tourism, Houston, Austin and Fort Worth. The show is the primary worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings and events attracting more than 9,000 trade visitors including 3,700 hosted buyers. The event produced several leads including three citywide opportunities.
- Dallas maintains its number 8 position on Cvent's top 50 U.S. Meeting Destinations and continues to be the only Texas city in the top 10. Dallas experienced the largest year-over-year meetings demand growth of all the top 10 cities. In June, VisitDallas will sponsor Cvent CONNECT in Las Vegas where we will unveil our Dallas virtual reality experience which will deliver Dallas to more than 2,000 meeting planners.
- Sales team conducted 25 site visits for future meetings in Dallas.
Events, sales trips and tradeshows
- Sales trip to Atlanta, GA
- Coffee & Conversation with our hotel partners, Dallas, TX
- HelmsBriscoe Dallas Dive-Arounds - Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX
- PCMA Gulf States Chapter - Mix & Bowl, Plano, TX
- West Coast Customer Event: U2 Concert, Santa Clara, CA
- ASAE XDP & Golf Tournament, National Harbor, MD
- ConferenceDirect IndustryInsights Atlanta, GA
- FEA, Fraternity Executive Association Conference, Tampa, FL
- IMEX Frankfurt 2017, Germany
- PCMA Visionary Awards, Washington D.C.
- Association Forum "Forum After Dark," Chicago, IL
As of May 31, 2017, room occupancy for the city of Dallas during the month of May was 69.2 percent, down 2.8 percent when compared to the same month last year.