Sales - Executive Update
- PCMA Convening Leaders Annual Conference was held at Music City Center in Nashville, TN with over 4,500 in attendance – record attendance for PCMA.
- Phillip J. Jones, VisitDallas' President and CEO and the PCMA's immediate Past Chair of the Education Foundation, raised more than $83,000 for the Ride with the Foundation raffle.
- Erica Critzer, CMP, VisitDallas' Regional Director of Sales in Mid-Atlantic, was recognized as one of the Twenty in their Twenties PCMA award recipients.
- VisitDallas Customer Reception was held on Monday, January 8 at Crazy Town, with over 100 in attendance.
Phillip J. Jones at PCMA Convening Leaders Annual Conference
- Attended and sponsored the Association Forum Healthcare Collaborative on January 25, 2018 at the American Dental Association headquarters in Chicago, IL. 87 CEOs and Executive Directors of Medical Associations attended.
- Southwest Showcase tradeshow was held at the Palmer Events Center Austin. Approximately 205 meeting planners/customers attended. VisitDallas and 10 hotel member partners exhibited, receiving 28 leads. VisitDallas and six partners hosted North Texas CVB Reception, attended by 67 customers.
VisitDallas team at Southwest Showcase
- Hosted Annual New Year Client Luncheon in Austin, attended by 86 customers.
- Attended Religious Conference Management Association event in Omaha, NE exhibiting in Texas Pavilion with eight other CVBs. VisitDallas hosted a dessert reception for 150 meeting planners and received seven leads with room block potential of 70,000 room nights.
VisitDallas and other CVBs exhibited in Texas Pavilion
Conducted 17 site visits with customers interested in hosting future meeting or conventions in Dallas.
As of January 31, 2017, room occupancy for the city of Dallas during the month of January was 65.8 percent, down 0.3 percent when compared to the same month last year.