Open for Business: Safety Updates and Resources

Six Ways SWAG Can Boost Your Impact

NOV 2016

When done well, Promotional Products…

Break the Ice
Interesting SWAG allows you to engage customers in conversation and because you gave them something, he or she is likely to listen to what you have to say. L.J. Market Research found that 52% of participants who were given a promotional item ultimately did business with that company and the remaining 48% said they would be more likely to do business with that company in the future.

Draw Attention
Everyone wants to be the popular table at the trade-show, and there is no more powerful word in the world of marketing than "FREE." In a recent study, Exhibit Surveys, Inc. determined that there was a whopping 176% increase in trade-show traffic to a booth that gave out promotional items.

Stick Around
The shelf life for conventional marketing is limited, but promotional products are the gifts that keep on giving. In a study of random business travelers, L.J. Market Research found that 71% of the participants said they had received a promotional product in the last 12 months. Of that group, 33% of those participants had that product on their person!

Increase Brand Recognition
Customers are more likely to remember your company if they have been exposed to it hundreds, even thousands of times. A promotional item has the ability to show off your brand on a daily, hourly and even minute-to-minute basis. According to Schreber & Associates, 39% of all people who have received a promotional product in the last 6 months can remember the name of the company associated with it.

Increase Brand Exposure
Promotional items have the unique ability to reach an audience far beyond your targeted boundaries. The most obvious examples are pens, which change hands at an unprecedented rate and t-shirts, the ultimate walking billboards.

Drive Sales
A Baylor University study concluded that companies whose sales people utilized promotional products did 22% more business than those sales people who didn't. Due to high exposure rates, promotional items create a positive affiliation with your company and can help generate sales both inside the booth and even long after the show.


Maximizing your SWAG Strategy

You don't have to break the bank to make an impact. Many are under the false impression that only expensive promotions have the most memorable impact. This is far from true! The most memorable promotional strategy is one that is relevant, timely, and sparks an emotional connection - which is possible across a wide range of budgets.  

Understand your target audience. A powerful gifting strategy begins by first understanding who your audience is and what matters to them most. Know what piques their interest and what you can do to seamlessly incorporate your products into their everyday life. For a client who is vacation bound, consider a fun yet useful gift such as a monogrammed tote filled with flip-flops, sunscreen and a "Bon Voyage" note. Or, for a busy sales executive, consider giving them a remote phone battery charger rather of a costly Swarovski paperweight to adorn a desk they rarely see. 

Go experiential. With SWAG, the more interactive the better!  Engagement strategies that incorporate gamification, virtual reality and personalized mini-experiences are becoming more and more popular.  Why not augment your traditional pen giveaway with fun scratch-offs or social media contests that offer the chance to win something big! 

Choose a product Partner, not just a Vendor. Don't go it alone. Choose a promotional products company that thinks strategically and is on top of the latest and greatest items. In a sea of promotional incentive options, the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau has some fantastic recommendations for companies that truly listen to your needs and add tremendous value to your overall event strategy.

For more information on these resources and planning your next meeting or event in Dallas, TX, visit or call our planning partners at 800-232-5527.