Diversity & Inclusion - Executive Update, January 2018
- Dallas will be the proud host of the Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) Annual Leadership Conference March 4-7, 2018 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel. VisitDallas' Chief Experience Officer Renee McKenney coordinated an incredible "Cooking Experience with Chef Kent Rathbun" on the evening of January 31 with three lucky WFF winners: Thorne "Tass" Rupp – Harris Tea; Betty Zawada – Rich Products Corp.; Leslie Gutierrez – KeyImpact. WFF CEO Hattie Hill; WFF Chairman Susan Adzick; and WFF Immediate Past Chair Marie Perry were also a part of the experience.
Cooking class/dinner with Chef Kent Rathbun
- Diversity & Inclusion and Marketing are preparing to announce a new project during Black History Month that will focus on Civil Rights Movement – Tourism in Dallas.
- VisitDallas Employee Resource Group hosted an afternoon for staff to visit the Dallas Holocaust Museum for Education and Tolerance. Member and Holocaust survivor Bert Romberg spoke to the staff about his experience during the Kinder transport.
VisitDallas team at the Holocaust Museum for Education and Tolerance
- Attended Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) convention in Nashville, TN. PCMA announced a new initiative, Ascent, which is a program designed to open doors for diversity and inclusion. VisitDallas' Chief Diversity Officer Cheryl Richards will provide thought leadership to assist PCMA with engagement opportunities.
- Texas Association of Chicanos in Higher Education
- Rhema Ministries
- NFL Draft Business Connect
- Pastors Coalition MLK service at St. Luke Community United Methodist Church
- Dallas Black Dance Theatre Farewell Founders luncheon
- Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Conversation with the CEO Breakfast featuring Dr. Fred Cerise, CEO of Parkland Healthcare Systems
- African American Heritage Night at the American Airlines Center
- Hispanic Women's Network of Texas