Dozens of holiday events, a Santa pub crawl and the largest indoor Christmas tree you'll ever see are waiting for you.
Posted on Nov 29, 2017 By Jamina Tribbett
Dallas in December is magical with all things holiday, family-friendly fun, festivals and so much more.
1. Grab the kids and head to the Perot Museum for the month-long Season of Science Celebration. Visit the museum any day in December and enjoy drop-in science activities, winter-themed programming and holiday treats, hands-on demonstrations and more.
2. Kick-off your holiday season with the 30th annual Dallas Holiday Parade on Dec. 2 at 10 a.m. This Dallas tradition brings holiday magic and memories to the streets of Downtown Dallas, featuring marching bands, famous characters, magical holiday floats and larger-than-life balloons.
3. Enjoy a night of cocktail tastings, live music and delicious bites at SHAKEN + STIRRED on Dec. 2 at The Statler. Witness seven of the city's top mixologists and bartenders sling their best drinks for a chance to be named The Official Cocktail of VisitDallas 2018.
4. Celebrate the holidays at Klyde Warren Park on Dec. 2. Bring the kids to take photos with Santa, enjoy holiday crafts and activities, indulge in food truck fare and watch the Christmas tree lighting and holiday show.
5. Sample the sounds of over 50 local bands in Deep Ellum at the 29th annual Dallas Observer Music Awards on Dec. 2. Participating venues include Club Dada Indoor & Outdoor Stage, The Door, Green Room, Off the Record, Prophet Bar, Reno's Chop and Three Links and Trees.
6. Brighten your spirit at Reliant Lights Your Holidays on Dec. 2 at Sammons Park. This free festival includes kids' activities, fireworks and a concert featuring RaeLynn, En Vogue… and Santa!
7. Laugh and sing-along to Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical at the AT&T Performing Arts Center on Dec. 5-17. Get your tickets today!
8. Attend or participate in the Call of Duty World League Dallas Open on Dec. 8-10 at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center. There are 160 open bracket teams and 16 pool play teams from all over the world, competing for a chance to win $200,000. Gamers will go against one another playing the new Call of Duty: WWII.
9. See Dallas from the course of the BMW Dallas Marathon, Dallas' largest and Texas oldest running marathon, on Dec. 10. The race begins and ends Downtown and the post-run party comes with live music and free beer!
10. Come out to the 27th annual KwanzaaFest at the automobile building at Fair Park on Dec. 9-10. This free festival is one of the largest cultural celebrations in Dallas. Enjoy local entertainment, a singing competition (where the prize is $10,000!), food, vendors, kids' activities and more.
11. Visit the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza to see the new "Mourning A President" exhibit. The exhibit explores how a grieving nation paid its respects and the elaborate plans of one of the country's most momentous funerals.
12. Celebrate Chanukah at the Galleria Mall for the Chanukah Menorah Lighting on Dec. 12-20. A candle will be lit every evening of Hanukkah (at sunset) on a custom, large-scale Menorah.
13. Visit the Dallas Museum of Art to check out the "Asian Textiles: Art and Trade Along the Silk Road." The exhibit opens Dec. 16 and admission is free.
15. In the mood for some holiday spirits? Head to the West End Historic District for the Santa Crawl on Dec. 16. The quarter mile pub crawl will include food, a vodka tasting festival, vendors, lip-sync contests and dancing! Don't forget to wear your best holiday outfit.
16. Experience the magic of Christmas at the Anatole every weekend in December. The legendary hotel will transform into a winter wonderland complete with festive décor, kids' activities and games, train rides and breakfasts with Santa!
17. Take a trip to the Galleria Mall to see the nation's largest indoor Christmas tree as it illuminates in grand fashion choregraphed to magical sounds of the season. The show occurs daily at noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. (with no 8 p.m. shows on Sundays).
18. Step into the "All Things Bright and Beautiful" exhibit at the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Discover the beauty of the White House holiday circa 2005.
19. Take a stroll through Holiday Wonder at Fair Park, an outdoor, walk-through winter wonderland created with holiday-themed Chinese lanterns. Create unforgettable holiday memories with the family as you marvel at more than two million lights, enjoy a world-class acrobatics show and slide down a two-story Santa arctic slide.
20. Visit the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden to see the 12 Days of Christmas displays. The garden has brought to life the famous Christmas carol in a magical way. Stroll through during the day or visit during the night to see the entire garden lit up with over 500,000 twinkling lights. The Arboretum also hosts a variety of different holiday events that you won't want to miss.
21. Celebrate the holidays at the Dallas Zoo Lights. After the animals go in for the evening, the Zoo will transform into a winter wonderland with nearly one million twinkling lights. Enjoy tasty treats, entertainment and activities for kids.
22. Take the kids to see the Trains at NorthPark Center. This wonderful holiday experience showcases more than 750 railcars on a 1,600-foot elaborate configuration of tracks and scenes.
24. Party it up at Lights All Night on Dec. 29-30 at the Dallas Market Hall. Greet the New Year with this epic two-day, end of the year, multi-stage EDM festival. This 8th annual event will showcase 30 artists, including some of the most in-demand electronic music acts like Bassnectar, Marshmello, Porter Robinson, NGHTMRE, Seven Lions, Illenium and more.
25. Bring in the New Year with the AT&T Streaming Lights at Reunion Tower on Dec. 31st. A dazzling display of fireworks synchronized to music will begin at 11:59 p.m. The best vantage points to watch will be on the west side of the Trinity River, along the levees and Trinity Overlook Park or Trinity Groves. You can also visit Reunion Tower's website for the most up-to-date information on viewing parties.
Big D Holiday Big D Holiday - Galleries & Exhibits Big D Holiday - Holiday Season Experience Big D Holiday - Lights & Displays Big D Holiday - Live Performances Big D Holiday - Other Things To Do Big D Holiday - See Santa Children & Family Food Holiday/Festivals Other Sports Run/Walk/Marathon Sports