The city is singing, the buds are blooming and the art is all around us.
Posted on Mar 30, 2018
1. Welcome springtime at the Arboretum for Dallas Blooms, the largest floral festival in the Southwest featuring over 500,000 florals from tulips to pansies. This year's theme is "A World of Flowers" and each week the garden will showcase a different region of the world. See these blooms now before the festival ends on April 8.
2. Visit the George W. Bush Library and Museum to see the new "First Ladies: Style of Influence" exhibit. Discover how the role of the first lady has evolved over time.
4. April is Arts Month! Explore this event collection for ideas on how best to celebrate the arts.
6. Go on a date night to Sammons Jazz: Sticks & Bones at the Sammons Center for the Arts on April 4. This jazz concert will include valet parking, beverages, a light meal and will guarantee a romantic evening with that special someone.
7. See the Dallas Black Dance Theatre as they present "Rising Excellence" on April 6-7. This performance showcases new choreographers and DBDT dancers who tell powerful stories exploring a variety of global aesthetics.
8. Dress up as your favorite superhero character and head to Fan Expo Dallas on April 6-8 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. Get ready for history-making events, famous celebrities and artists from around the world, fan-tastic attractions and hundreds of exhibitors and vendors.
9. Head to Deep Ellum for the 24th annual Deep Ellum Arts Festival on April 6-8. The festival features 200 decorative and visual artists, 150 bands and musicians performing from six different stages and two additional performance areas, the renowned Pet Parade and enticing foods and drinks. Admission is free.
10. Take the kids to the Nasher Sculpture Center for Target First Saturdays, every Saturday from April 7 to August 4. This free family-friendly program features art activities that encourage creative thought and fosters an appreciation for the world.
11. Have a foodie experience at the Taste of Oak Cliff on April 7. This one-day food festival is free and features more than 60 local vendors, restaurants, breweries and food trucks.
12. Enjoy an evening of literary performances at the Dallas Lit Hop Kick Off Party at the Deep Ellum Art Co. on April 7. Admission is to the event is free and it will include a cash bar and food trucks.
13. Stop and shop at NorthPark Center for the second annual Spring at the Park Home and Garden Show through April 13-23. NorthPark will bring inspiration to its visitors through curated botanical landscapes by the shopping center's award-winning landscape designers, including Bows + Arrows, Ruibal's, Southern Botanical and more.
14. Enjoy free movies in the park every Friday night in April at the Shops at Park Lane. Make it a movie night with the family and enjoy screenings of Wonder Woman, Wonder, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Coco.
16. Eat your heart out at the Dallas Pizza Fest at the Deep Ellum Art Co. on April 15. This indulgent event will feature more than 20 national and local pizza parlors, live music and shows, beer and wine garden, kids bounce houses and a pizza eating contest. Each ticket comes with a slice!
17. 'Til Midnight at the Nasher is back this month on April 20! On every third Friday of the month, the Nasher Sculpture Center hosts live outdoor concerts and film screenings for free! Guests can also explore the Nasher's renowned collection of modern and contemporary art.
18. Visit the Meadows Museum for Family Day on April 21. There will be fun hands-on and sensory activities for the kids, special entertainment and more! Afterwards, explore the museum's broad collection of Spanish art.
19. Witness "Moving Music" at Moody Performance Hall on April 21-22. It will be an evening of new works, great masterpieces and captivating choreography performed to live music.
21. Have an adventure at the Dallas Zoo and see more than 2,000 animals during the day, then stay for Safari Nights (every Saturday evenings between April 28 to July 14) to enjoy special after-hours programming like listening to local bands, a craft beer garden, interactive animal shows and more!
22. It's your chance to see the award-winning Broadway musical Les Misérables at the Music Hall at Fair Park, playing from April 24 to May 6. Les Misérables tells an enthralling story of broken dreams and unrequited love, passion, sacrifice and redemption – a timeless testament to the survival of the human spirit.
24. Gear up for the 83rd NFL Draft at the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium on April 26-28. It will be the first time in history that it will be held at an NFL stadium, creating an atmosphere for the ultimate fan experience. Here is everything you need to know.
25. See "Soul Purpose" at the Black Academy of Arts and Letters on April 27-29. "Soul Purpose" tells the story of five powerful African-American women from different walks of life that through an unexpected sisterhood develop a spiritual bond that is unbreakable.
26. Plan a day of fun at Fair Park for the Inflatable Run and Festival on April 28. The Inflatable Run is an all-ages family event that features free kids' activities and attractions including water balloon battles, go-cart racing, bounce house, carnival games and more!
27. Listen to some great local musicians at Lake-a-Palooza Music Festival at the Bath House Cultural Center on April 28. This free event will include art exhibits, kids' activities, food and a great time.