It's festival season, and luckily for you Dallas has plenty of them to keep you entertained all spring.
Posted on Apr 12, 2019 By Devon Yarbrough
With so many music, food and art events headed this way, here's our list of can't-miss spring festivals.
1. Attend the 13th annual Dallas International Film Festival on April 11-18. Showing more than 100 films from numerous filmmakers, this festival combines several film genres and is a great opportunity to experience Dallas Arts Month.
2. Party in the Dallas Arts District at the Changing Perspectives Block Party on April 12. From 6 p.m. to midnight, view several dance and music performances, art installations and more.
3. Rock out to Texas artists at the 10th annual Homegrown Music and Arts Festival on April 13 at Main Street Garden. Highlighting various local bands from multiple genres, the festival includes an impressive lineup of Texas artists, as well as tasty snacks and drinks.
4. Enjoy arts and crafts from more than 100 artists at the Turtle Creek Spring Arts Craft and Festival on April 13 and 14. The free two-day festival includes artist demonstrations, local food trucks and a play-zone for the kiddos.
5. Eat to your heart's desire at the Dallas Pizza Fest on April 14 at the Deep Ellum Art Co. Featuring some of the best pizzas in Dallas, participate in the pizza eating contest, listen to live bands and vote on your favorite pizza at the end of the festival.
6. Celebrate innovation at EarthX on April 26-28 in Fair Park. The festival includes state-of-the-art practices for the environment though earth-friendly activities. See film screenings, view exhibits, and taste sustainable beer and food.
7. Make your way to Taco Libre on April 27 at the Dallas Famers Market. Savor tacos from various taquerias, hear popular bands like Bidi Bidi Banda and watch lucha libre matches.
8. Jam at JMBLYA on May 3 in Fair Park. This year's ultimate hip-hop event will include performances by Travis Scott, Lil Wayne and Kevin Gates, as well as delicious foods, party games and giveaways.
9. Have fun at Taqueria La Ventana's Cinco de Mayo Block Party on May 5. Drink margaritas and indulge in Mexico City Street tacos, while dancing in the patio. Be sure to stop at the Margarita Mile popup for refreshing treats, exciting games and more!
10. Grab your spot along Jefferson Boulevard for the Dallas Cinco de Mayo Parade and Festival on May 5. From 1-3 p.m., see marching bands, dancers, festive floats, while enjoying food samples and prizes from restaurants and shops.
11. Check out KAABOO on May 10-12 at AT&T Stadium. The three-day festival will bring together music, art and comedy at its first showing in Texas. Watch performances by Kid Rock, Little Big Town, The Killers and leave time to explore the art exhibit, comedy club and spa.
12. Celebrate Asian culture at the Asian Festival on May 11 at The Sound at Cypress Waters. With several cultural shows, a children's fair, arts and crafts, this free festival is a perfect family-friendly event.
13. Listen to live music at the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival on May 17-19 in Richardson (just north of Dallas). Featuring music acts like Fitz & the Tantrums, Neon Trees, Good Charlotte; a battle of the bands and a vocal competition, this festival is packed with a variety of entertaining musical acts.
14. Enjoy music or get a tattoo at the Elm Street Music and Tattoo Festival on May 17 in Deep Ellum. The festival is hosted by Elm Street Tattoo and showcases local and nationwide tattoo and music artists.
15. Sip margs at the 9th annual Dallas Margarita Meltdown on May 26 in the West End. With multiple bars and restaurants participating, taste some of the best margaritas in the city and then cast your vote for your favorite drink.