Spring is in the air and there's so much to do!
Posted on Apr 25, 2018 By Ashley Turner
- Check out a concert at the Dos Equis Pavilion in Fair Park during the VisitDallas Summer Concert Series. The summer series includes Lynard Skynard on May 11, Kesha and Macklemore on June 20, Miranda Lambert on August 11 and Rascal Flatts on August 25. See the full schedule and purchase tickets here.
- Enjoy A Night of Symphonic Hip Hop featuring Wyclef Jean on May 2 at the Winspear Opera House. The Grammy Award winner will perform with The Dallas Pops, a full symphony orchestra, for an unforgettable night of music.
- See moving theater production The Freedmans May 2-13 at the Studio Theatre in the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The play commemorates the opening of Dallas' Freedman's Cemetery and will honor the lives and stories of those interred at the cemetery.
- Attend the JMBLYA music festival on May 4 at Fair Park. J. Cole, Cardi B and Migos, along with many others, will all take the stage for a full day of performances.
- Celebrate all things Star Wars during May the Fourth Be With You festivities at the Perot Museum. The museum will host two days of events featuring Star Wars-themed music and food, 3-D lightsabers, crafts and experiments.
- Enjoy a festival all about music and guitars at the Dallas International Guitar Festival May 4-6 at Dallas Market Hall. The event includes three days of music, guitar clinics and 500+ exhibitors!
- Go for a day of kayaking on the Trinity River during River Adventures with Trinity River Audubon Center, throughout May.
- Head to South Dallas for the Dallas Cinco De Mayo Parade and Festival on May 5. The parade will march along Jefferson Boulevard and will include marching bands, ballet folklorico, mariachi, DJs and more!
- See the Turtle Creek Choral performance "Light" May 5-6. The Chamber Chorus will perform a free show, showcasing compositions in four different languages as they cast light through song.
- Catch a movie during the Downtown Dallas Movie Series at the Dallas Farmer's Market all month long. This month you can see Coco (May 5), Moana (May 11), E.T. (May 18), and The Incredibles (May 25).
- See the Broadway production "Les Miserables" at Music Hall at Fair Park through May 6. This Tony-Award winning show tells the story of broken dreams and unrequited love, passion, sacrifice and redemption.
- Celebrate the arts during the SOLUNA festival May 6-28. The festival will bring together international artists with Dallas' finest arts and organizations with a month-long celebration of various events, from dance and theatre, musical performances, lecture series and more.
- Celebrate fashion, design and philanthropy at the annual DIFFA gala on May 12 at the Omni Dallas Hotel.
- Cheer on your favorite golfers at the AT&T Byron Nelson May 14-20. This year, the tournament will be played at the Trinity Forest Golf Club, so come check out the new course and enjoy a week of golf!
- Prepare your palates for the Savor Dallas Food and Drink Festival, presented by VisitDallas on May 14-20. Enjoy the region's top chefs' cuisine from more than 100 restaurants, as well as wine and spirits tastings, live entertainment and so much more.
- Check out the Sweet Tooth Hotel, opening May 18 in Victory Park. This retail pop-up will feature some of Dallas' most innovative artists and a curated selection of products and sweets to purchase for guests to purchase.
- Don't miss the finale of the Dallas Black Dance Theatre's season, Spring Celebration May 18-20 at the Wyly Theatre.
- Go for a one-of-a-kind experience during Wine and Magic, May 19-June 9 at Checkered Past Winery. Sip on the winery's signature wines while enjoying a thrilling night of magic.
- Be part of a great cause by attending the Purple Party, one of the largest charity dance fundraisers, on May 12. Hosted by the Purple Foundation, the fashion show event will also be a live auction, seated dinner, runway show and after party.
- Explore science at the Perot Museum during Discovery Days: Being Human on May 12. Find out what makes us human by looking at our DNA, learning how our hands work, and analyzing our voices!
- Hear from local musicians and artists at the Homegrown Music and Arts Festival on May 12 at Main Street Garden. The festival will include 12 acts, live art demonstrations, food and more.
- Spring is for sports! Head to the ballpark to check out the Rangers, see FC Dallas in an exciting soccer match, or cheer on the Dallas Wings as they kick off the season this month.
- See a concert this spring at the American Airlines Center, with Pink (May 1-2) and Justin Timberlake (May 27-28) taking the stage this month.