The first day of summer is right around the corner, and we've got just what you need to make all your summer dreams come true.
Posted on May 24, 2018 By Ashley Turner
- Check out some of the biggest names in music at the American Airlines Center this summer, with Paul Simon (June 1), Harry Styles (June 5), Shania Twain (June 6), and Maroon 5 (June 9).
- Take in the arts with a classic ballet performance of Swan Lake June 1-3, or the Alonzo King Lines Ballet on June 9. Both events will take place at the Winspear Opera House.
- Make a trip to the Dallas Zoo for Safari Nights Concert Series featuring local artists and tribute bands every Saturday in June! (Concert dates are June 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.)
- See the stunning performance of the Broadway show The Lion King at Music Hall at Fair Park beginning on June 2.
- Cheer on your favorite sports team with the Rangers, WNBA and FC Dallas – each of these teams have seasons in full swing.
- Catch a concert on the lawn during the Dallas Arboretum's Cool Thursdays Concert Series every Thursday in June (June 7, 14, 21 and 28.) Bring chairs and blankets and buy your tickets early as these concerts will sell out.
- See Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki play in the annual Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game on June 8 at Dr. Pepper Ballpark. This ticketed, annual charity event features sport pros in a fun game of baseball, with proceeds benefiting the Dirk Nowitzki Foundation and Heroes Foundation.
- Hear the Turtle Creek Chorale's Mainstage concert Outlaws on June 8-10 at Moody Performance Hall. The season closer will celebrate the country music form, its origins to current hits.
- Head to the Perot Museum for Discovery Days: Sports Science on June 9. Kids can race against their friends and explore the science behind sports through challenges and physical activities.
- Enjoy a Butterfly Tea Party on June 14 at the Texas Discovery Gardens. The afternoon will include crafts, tea, snacks and a noon butterfly release.
- Go to the Rustic for Selena Day, featuring special guest Suzanna Choffel, on June 14. Celebrate the music icon with live music and look-a-like costume contests for a chance to win some prizes!
- Listen to extraordinary scores from Hollywood's biggest films at Hollywood at the Symphony June 15-17 at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center.
- Don't miss the VisitDallas Summer Concert Series this month featuring Kesha & Mackelmore on June 20, Weezer on June 27 and Chicago on June 29.
- Savor Dallas' food scene at the Taste of Dallas on June 22-24 at Gas Monkey Live. The festival will include 50 restaurants and food trucks, live music, a family fun zone and more.
- Get your tickets to the NHL Draft on June 22 and 23 at American Airlines Center. Day 2 of the Draft is free for everyone, and there's also a Draft Day Fan Fest happening on Victory Plaza. You can take your pic with the Stanley Cup, play games and check out some music.
- Bring the whole family out for Meadows Family Day on June 23 at the Meadows Museum. Activities will include art making, gallery talks, special entertainment and refreshments.
- Party on the lawn at Reunion Tower's Lawn Party on June 23. Enjoy food trucks, live music, lawn games and an appearance from the Texas Rangers.
- Feast on the city's best crawfish at the Bishop Arts Crawfish Fest on June 24.
- Experience a grand Bollywood show featuring some of the biggest Bollywood stars during the "Da-Bangg The Tour" on June 29 at the American Airlines Center.
- Treat your sweets craving at the Sweet Tooth Hotel, open through June 30 in Victory Park. This retail pop-up, complete with a tour of several candy-themed rooms, will have a curated selection of products and sweets to purchase.