This holiday, find the perfect gift for everyone in your life – all while supporting local goods made by businesses right here in Dallas.
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 By Jordan Greenwood
Whether you're shopping for your significant other, a family member, or a friend, Dallas has something special that everyone will love. These are some of our favorite gift ideas for the holidays:
- Nothing says Texas like a pair of cowboy boots or a cowboy hat! Pick out some traditional western wear at Wild Bill's Western Store in the West End District for those Southern at heart or a loved one from out-of-state looking for the perfect souvenir.
- Satisfy the coffee connoisseurs in your life by ordering locally roasted coffee from Full City Rooster in the Cedars neighborhood. Coffee beans are selected from farms that are environmentally conscious and certified Fair Trade, so you can feel good about your purchase. Choose from several different roasts, whole-bean or ground.
- Handmade soaps and candles are a classic gift that never disappoints. White Rock Soap Gallery is a soap artisan shop located in Lake Highlands and the Bishop Arts District that specializes in vegan and all-natural products. Their Swag Box lets you choose from multiple products to help you customize the perfect holiday present.
- For the sweet tooth, pick up a special treat from Kate Weiser Chocolate in Trinity Groves or NorthPark Center. Create your own box of chocolates or order Carl the Snowman – a chocolate figure filled with hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows, featured in Oprah's favorites list!
- Grab some Dallas-themed swag at Bullzerk for friends and family who want to publicly display their Big D pride. The gift shop currently has six locations, including Lower Greenville and Galleria Dallas, where you can find cool t-shirts, hats, accessories and more.
- Surprise those who are fashion-conscious with a pair of high-quality, great fitting jeans from Deep Ellum Denim in Deep Ellum. The store has collections of stylish denim for both men and women.
- Find the perfect piece of jewelry for that special someone at F is for Frank in the Design District. Each piece is hand-sculpted with love and attention by metal artist Shoshannah Frank. Discover necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings and even cufflinks for men.
- For quirky individuals, We Are 1976 in the Bishop Arts District is a paradise of unique and beautiful stationary, printed art, homeware and all sorts of delightful trinkets. They even have an in-house graphic design and letterpress studio, so you can order custom designed paper goods.
- You can never go wrong gifting a little holiday cheer! Grab a case of Dallas Blonde Ale from Deep Ellum Brewing Co. for a craft brew, or a 12-pack of variety ciders from Bishop Cider Co. Both brands are available for purchase in stores across Dallas.
- If you know someone with a passion for baseball, Warstic in Deep Ellum is your one-stop shop. Choose from bats, batting gloves, apparel and more for baseball players of all ages. Check out their pro custom wood bats, which are custom-made in specs and design for a match made in baseball heaven.
- Give the gift of baked goods with French macarons from JOY Macarons bakery in Oak Cliff and Lower Greenville. Select from more than a dozen flavors like Honey and Lavender and Butter Pecan to make an assorted pack, or pick up their Holiday Pack – filled with Peppermint, Gingerbread and Mexican Hot Chocolate flavored macarons.
- Present your artsy friend or family member with a piece of local art from Neighborhood store and gallery in the Bishop Arts District. The design shop's 56 Foot Wall Gallery features a new artist each month so there is always something unique to discover. You can also find furniture and other handmade goods inside.
- If you're feeling stumped, an official Dallas CityPASS is a wonderful gift for anyone and everyone. The CityPASS gives you admission into popular Dallas attractions like the Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and Reunion Tower GeO-Deck. Experiencing the city of Dallas and creating memories is truly the gift that keeps on giving.