Enjoy all things fall, holiday happenings and more this month.
Posted on Oct 24, 2019 By Ashley Turner
1. Get your foodie fix at Chefs for Farmers on Nov. 1-3. The three-day festival showcases Dallas' top chefs, artisans and farmers with three signature events with several events happening all weekend long. Although a few events are sold out, tickets are still available for the Street Food Night Market on Saturday, and The Main Event on Sunday!
2. Enjoy some festival fun at the Dallas Farmer's Market this month! The Texas Veggie Fair on Nov. 2 is a free event celebrating all things plant-based from vegan food, to cruelty-free products, yoga and more. Come by the following weekend, Nov. 9 for Texas Beer & Peanuts Tasting, featuring local Dallas breweries paired with buckets of roasted Texas peanuts. Tickets are $20
3. Experience Dallas Black Dance Theatre's Directors Choice performance at the Wyly Theatre on Nov. 1-3. The performance will showcase the best in the future of dance; the dance organization is known for the launching the careers of many popular choreographers.
4. Explore Spanish artist Francisco de Goya's Visions in Ink at the Meadows Museum through Nov. 3. The exhibit is the first drawing by Goya to enter the museum's collection and features a selection of key prints and drawings from the artist.
5. See CATS the Broadway musical at Music Hall at Fair Park on Nov. 5-17. The famous musical tells the story of one magical night when an extraordinary tribe of cats gathers for its annual ball to rejoice and decide which cat will be reborn.
6. Attend EDGE: The Texas Monthly Festival, presented by VisitDallas at the Bomb Factory on Nov. 8-10. The three-day festival will bring the magazine to life through one-of-a-kind experiences that celebrate Texas' culture. Highlights include Grammy Award winner Leon Bridges and designer Brandon Maxwell. Don't miss Sunday's free event at Klyde Warren Park – Sunday in the Park featuring live music, food trucks and interactive pop-ups!
7. Enjoy Ballet British Columbia at the Moody Performance Hall on Nov. 8 and 9. Presented by the world's leading contemporary choreographers, this performance will not disappoint.
8. Get into the holiday spirit at Holiday at the Arboretum, featuring the 12 Days of Christmas with a dozen elaborate gazebos filled with charming characters and whimsical animals made famous by the beloved Christmas carol. The exhibit opens on Nov. 9.
9. Concert season is in full swing! Highlights include Snoop Dogg at the Dos Equis Pavilion on Nov. 9, Simple Plan at the House of Blues on Nov. 17, Todrick Hall at the Bomb Factory on Nov. 21 and so many others. Check out our list of fall and winter concerts here.
10. RuPaul's Drag Race: Werq the World Tour makes a stop in Dallas at the Majestic Theatre on Nov. 11, taking the audience on a journey to save the galaxy in the largest drag show production.
11. Explore the winter wonderland at Dallas Zoo Lights beginning on Nov. 15. The Dallas Zoo will transform with over one million twinkling lights and silk-covered lanterns, and there will also be plenty of family-friendly activities for everyone to enjoy.
12. Be captivated by a dance production by Bruce Wood Dance titled 'Harvest' at Moody Performance Hall on Nov. 15 and 16. The production features two captivating world premieres and one classic Bruce Wood work including 'Follow Me,' produced in honor of Veteran's Day.
13. Take the kids to Trains at NorthPark Center beginning on Nov. 16. The exhibit features elaborate miniature toy trains – with more than 630 trains chugging along across 1,600 feet of track on a journey across America. Proceeds from the exhibit will benefit the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas.
14. Stranger Things fans – get tickets to Stranger Con Dallas, a salute to the famous TV show at the Hyatt Regency Dallas hotel on Nov. 16 and 17. Meet the show's favorite actors, enjoy panels, music and more.
15. Enjoy the sounds of the holiday season at the Drumline Live Holiday Spectacular at the Winspear Opera House on Nov. 19. The unique musical performance will combine Gospel, Jazz, Soul, Motown and Hip-Hop beats for an unforgettable show!
16. Shop for the holidays at the Chi Omega Christmas Market at Centennial Hall at Fair Park on Nov. 20-23. The market has been held in Dallas for over 40 years and is the perfect place to shop for unique gifts this holiday season.
17. Stop by NorthPark Center for the Sights and Sounds of the Season performances beginning Nov. 23. Enjoy performances by Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, Turtle Creek Chorale, Booker T. Washington and others.
18. Get a Behind the Scenes look at Black Dance Theatre's (DBDT) five performing companies at the DBDT studios on Nov. 25-27. It's free to attend and all performances will begin at 12 p.m.
19. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy all the turkey fixings with our guide on where to dine for the holiday.
20. Walk off all the Thanksgiving calories with some Black Friday shopping at NorthPark Center. Enjoy early store openings and discounts galore at all your favorite stores, with musical performances and kid-friendly activities throughout the day.
21. Get tickets to the beloved performance of The Nutcracker presented by Texas Ballet Theater at the Winspear Opera House beginning on Nov. 29.
22. Start your holiday planning with our Big D Holiday guide. Highlights include Deck the Plaza, Klyde Warren Park's tree lighting, NYE in Dallas and so much more!
23. Visit the new Holocaust Museum and Human Rights Museum. The current exhibit, Stories of Survival: Object. Image. Memory explores the what survivors of the Holocaust, other genocides, and civil war have brought with them on their journeys to America.
24. Walk through history at the Kinsey African American Art & History Collection at the African American Museum. The collection is one of the most comprehensive surveys of African American history and culture outside the Smithsonian Institution.
25. See one of the greatest fossil discoveries of the past half century at Origins: Fossil from the Cradle of Humankind, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science's latest exhibit. Explore recently discovered species, exploring fossils that have never displayed outside of South Africa!
26. Have some fun with Dallas Party Bike this month! With cooler temps, it's the perfect excuse to let your inner child run (or peddle) free. Whatever the occasion, cruise down Deep Ellum with bar stops along the way for a great night out on the town.
27. Root for your favorite Dallas sports team! The Cowboys, Mavs and Stars are all in season so be sure to score a ticket when you're in town.