From elegant soirees to a lively celebration in a Downtown castle, our city offers several festivities for New Year's Eve.
Posted on Dec 10, 2019 By Angela Roe
That happened fast - not only has another year come and gone, but we're saying goodbye to a decade. It's time to celebrate the closing of a chapter and toast to new beginnings! So, deck yourself out in sequins and sparkles, pop the finest champagne you've got, grab some friends and enjoy these local events to ring in 2020.
1. NYE in Dallas: Party on the Plaza – Sponsored by the Dallas Tourism Public Improvement District and produced by VisitDallas, we're teaming up to throw the ultimate New Year's party at City Hall Plaza. It's totally free to attend and it's family friendly. You'll have a front-row seat for Reunion Tower's amazing 360-degree fireworks show while taking in the sounds of the Emerald City Elevation Band and CASTRO, as well as entertainment from your hosts for the evening, Ron Corning and Yolonda Williams. Join your fellow Dallasites at 7 p.m. to snag a bite from local food trucks (there will be more than two dozen lined up!) before beginning the countdown to 2020.
2. 9th Annual New Year's Eve 2020 Champagne Life: ROYALTY at The Castle – Rated one of the best NYE parties in the state, this event at the Old Red Museum promises an unforgettable time. Nice attire is required, with the party boasting a Roaring 20s theme, a spectacular view of Dallas fireworks, casino, open bar, and entertainment from four DJs. Grab tickets fast, as this one will likely sell out. Leave the kids at home and live like royalty as you savor a night on the town.
3. New Year's Eve Concert & After-Party at the DSO – For those seeking a lower-key, distinguished way to celebrate, venture to the Meyerson to hear the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's melodies before midnight. They'll play polka and waltz pieces from Mozart, Brahms, and J. Strauss, Jr., and you'll have the chance to stay out extra late at the performance's after party. Purchase tickets here.
4. 2019 Black & White New Year's Eve Party – Wear your best black and white ensemble and sip on drinks at The Statler Dallas' blowout, slated to be a nod to Truman Capote's famous 1966 "Party of the Century." Beginning at 9 p.m., experience the historic hotel ballroom, small bites and music from Graceland Ninjaz & DJ Michael Jerome. General admission tickets start at $125, and the party goes until 2 a.m.
5. 10th Annual Dallas NYE Ball – Cheers to 10 years for this one, held at the recently renovated Crowne Plaza Hotel. Expected to sell out, the formal ball includes appearances by the city's best DJs, a raffle, free party favors, life-size party games and multiple floors of fun. A highlight will be the "throwback" room, playing exclusively 80s, 90s and older tunes. There's something for everyone at the exclusive event, though it's not kid-friendly. Buy tickets here.
For even more NYE events and festivities, check out our big list of things to do in Dallas on New Year's Eve!