Tourism - Executive Update, October 2016
- The Tourism team's October media and sales mission to Buenos Aires and Santiago proved very fruitful, as we met with over 200 media and trade accounts in these two core Latin American markets. We also conducted 15 one-on-one interviews with top journalists in both cities, including 6 TV interviews, 3 radio interviews, and 6 consumer print interviews. The #1 TV station in Chile is also interested in coming to Dallas for an extensive feature.
- Our next international mission is to Tokyo and Hong Kong in November, where we will join DFW International Airport, the mayors of Dallas and Fort Worth, and several DFW business leaders. Dallas and Fort Worth CVBs have already confirmed 16 one-on-one interviews with key Asian media outlets, as well as events hosting travel trade.
- DCVB Tourism hosted Grainger Television from Australia for an extensive week-long video shoot in October, which will result in a full 30-minute TV feature that will air on top Australian TV stations in November.
- Staff planned and implemented a sales mission to Central America, meeting with and presenting Dallas tourism content to over 100 travel professionals. The team also participated in the 2016 Texas Road Show through central and southeast Mexico, hosting educational presentations in San Luis Potosi, Leon, Merida, and Cancun, reaching over 200 travel professionals.
- The team hosted a variety of showcase FAMs for prospective accounts from South America, Asia, and top receptive operators in the U.S.