Tourism - Executive Update, December 2016
- The VisitDallas Tourism team joined Texas Tourism on a sales mission to Australia and New Zealand, where we met with more than 300 tour operators, agents and other travel influencers, proposing new itineraries and promoting Dallas a getaway destination.
- The team participated in the Texas Tourism reverse Mexico sales mission, meeting with 20 of Mexico's top tour operators to pitch new Dallas developments and leisure packages.
- The 30-minute TV special on Dallas-Fort Worth we worked on this fall had its initial broadcast in Australia on December 11. It aired on Australia's Channel 7 and Channel 7TWO. The Seven Network is the highest-rated television network in Australia, and Australia is our third-largest overseas market.
- We hosted familiarization tours for prospects from Germany and Australia, as well as winners from our Mexico agent incentive program that ran from September through December 1.
- 2017 will usher in several new international direct flights to Dallas, including Vancouver (Air Canada, February), Rome (American, May), Amsterdam (American, May) and Montreal (Air Canada, May).