Tourism - Executive Update
- Our Vancouver media and sales mission in early March allowed us to present Dallas tourism content to over 30 Canadian media and clients. We partnered with Air Canada, who launched new daily direct service from Vancouver in February. Canada is Dallas' second-largest international market.
- Tourism attended the 2017 Visit USA Showcase in Italy. The team trained more than 150 tour operators, travel agents and media, promoting travel to Dallas as well as the new non-stop service between DFW International and Roma Fiumicino airports.
- The team also participated in the 2017 ITB tradeshow in Germany. ITB is the largest travel tradeshow in the world, and the team had one-on-one meetings with 25 tour operators selling Dallas and Texas.
- Tourism also welcomed FTI Touristik, one of Germany's premier tour operators, to Dallas – who brought with them their best travel agent accounts to encourage sales and travel to the city. The Tourism Team is helping them develop new programs for Texas.
- The team also hosted a FAM for key Costa Rican accounts, partnering with American Airlines to do so.
- Tourism staff participated in the Texas Tourism Mexico sales mission, which included meetings with tour operators, travel agents and media in Mexico City, as well as travel agent trainings in Monterrey and Leon.