Tourism - Executive Update
- Our April media missions to Paris and Rome were productive, including meeting with 15 top-level French media and 25 journalists in Italy. Feature assignments about Dallas have already been confirmed as a result, which will materialize later this year. In Rome, we partnered with American Airlines in the promotion of the new direct flight to DFW from Rome, which launched on May 6th.
- We also completed our RFP process for representation in the UK and finalized contracts with our new UK agencies. The UK is our top overseas market for Dallas.
- The team hosted Tourico, Bonotel Exclusive Travel, GTA and Hotelbeds for an educational seminar for Dallas hotel partners. While in town, we also showcased Dallas to these core clients and facilitated one-on-one meetings with hotels. These clients represent almost 100,000 annual leisure room-nights booked in Dallas, and continue to be among our biggest growth opportunities for international markets.
- The team also hosted American Tours International on site visits to Dallas hotels. ATI is one of our top receptive operator clients.
- Attended Active America China, where we hosted a lunch program for 80 tour operators and receptive operators, as well as conducted 20 one-on-one meetings with core clients and prospects.
- The event portion of the Dallas TPID, which primarily benefits Arts organizations and events, has seen significant growth and engagement since the revisions were made during last fall's renewal. More applications from more organizations for more funding have already been pre-approved year-to-date for this fiscal year than for all of last year, which was itself a record year.
- Our upcoming international media and sales missions include Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico in May; Toronto and Montreal in June; and the United Kingdom in July.