Tourism - Executive Update
- Our May media and sales mission to Australia and New Zealand included meetings with, and presentations to, more than 300 media and clients in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland. We partnered with the Fort Worth CVB and Qantas Airlines on this mission, which also featured performances by DFW's Austin Allsup, who was featured on the most recent season of The Voice.
- The team led a sales mission to the U.K. in partnership with the Fort Worth CVB. During the sales mission, the team had the opportunity to meet with more than 20 tour operators interested in developing new programs to Dallas.
- Tourism staff joined Texas Tourism on their 2017 west coast receptive operators mission in Los Angeles. The team presented and met with over 100 receptive operators handling travel from Asian and European travelers with interest in visiting Dallas.
- Staff attended the ARLAG trade show and sales blitz with Texas Tourism in Guadalajara, Mexico. ARLAG is Western Mexico's most important tourism trade show, with over 500 travel agents in attendance. The team also met with several of Guadalajara's top producing tour operators and travel agencies on a sales blitz organized in conjunction with Volaris Airlines.
- Hosted two important client FAMs in Dallas: Brand USA MegaFam from the U.K. included 16 clients and prospects, and American Airlines FAM from Italy was held in conjunction with the new flight from Rome to DFW and included seven clients and prospects.
- We're putting the finishing touches on the inaugural Moving Cities: Dallas photography exhibit at NorthPark Center. It is a collection of 38 of the most impactful shots taken during filming of the short film of the same name that debuted last fall, and the free exhibit will run June 7-July 7 between the Louis Vuitton and Burberry stores. We thank our hosts at NorthPark Center and encourage our partners to visit this special exhibit.