Tourism - Executive Update
- Our July sales and media mission to the U.K. included meetings with consumer and trade media in London; sponsorship of the Visit USA Media Awards; and sponsorship activation of the U.K.'s Grillstock Festival, attended by over 20,000 consumers in a three-day event centered around barbecue and music. We partnered with the Fort Worth CVB in all initiatives.
- The Tourism team joined the Texas Tourism East Coast receptive operators mission to Florida, meeting directly with 25 receptive operators. The mission's objective was to ensure that Dallas was included in programs tailor-made for international visitors and to update our clients on Dallas' product.
- Tourism staff attended the Texas Bandmasters Association conference, meeting with more than 40 tour operators. Many reported an increase of groups interested in Dallas.
- The team hosted a FAM for more than 50 attendees of the Southwest Motorcoach Association.
- We have finalized details for our fall consumer campaign in Mexico with pricetravel.com, Mexico's fastest-growing OTA.