Tourism - Executive Update
- The team hosted eight key members of the corporate travel teams for American Airlines' & British Airways' U.K. office, including a familiarization tour of the city and its amenities.
- The team also organized two rounds of educational presentations for call center and direct-sales staff at PriceTravel.com's offices in Mexico City and Quintana Roo as part of our ongoing fall consumer campaign with Mexico's 2nd largest OTA. As an additional action during the Quinta Roo visit, we held an educational presentation for call-center staff at BestDay.com, Mexico's largest OTA, as well as a sales blitz to top local agencies with American Airlines.
- We held meetings and presentations with more than a dozen top Mexican tour operators during our visits to Mexico City, and participated in American Airlines' 75th Anniversary event.
- Tourism staff welcomed a new Texas-based receptive operator, Terranea Inbound Travel, for a FAM in Dallas. Terranea will be primarily focusing on the Latin American leisure and incentive markets.
- Staff also participated in the annual conference of the Student Youth Travel Association in Albuquerque.
- The team worked with VisitDallas Marketing to finalize plans for the 2017 Big D Holiday campaign with prior cultural tourism participants. The regional promotional program will be funded by VisitDallas and expanded this year to include events and activities across the city to drive additional traffic to Dallas hotels during this key need time.
- The Moving Cities: Dallas photography exhibit wraps up its inaugural launch at NorthPark Center and moves to the African American Museum as their featured event during the State Fair of Texas, opening September 6, with a VIP Reception on September 13 and running through November 10.