Tourism - Executive Update
- Tourism staff planned and implemented a media and sales mission to Argentina and Chile, partnering with American Airlines in support of direct flights to DFW in both markets. The team met with and presented to a total of 200 contacts including consumer media, trade media, tour operators and product managers.
- Tourism also conducted a sales mission to Australia in partnership with the Fort Worth CVB. The team conducted training for 80 travel agents and held meetings with 10 product managers to develop new programs to Dallas/Fort Worth.
- Our next international mission will be to China and South Korea in mid-October, in partnership with DFW Airport, the Greater Dallas and Fort Worth Chambers of Commerce, area business leaders and Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings.
- Cultural Tourism outcome from the Dallas TPID program was stellar this year. 77 applications were completed this year, 43% more than last year. Pre-approved funding grew 33%, from $1,002,045 to $1,337,206 – which translated to an 80% increase in funding to recipients over last year's figures. This generated more than three times the number of room nights from this channel this year over last year, reaching a total of almost 180,000 room nights this year.
- The team hosted several familiarization tours, including one from Germany in partnership with Texas Tourism and American Airlines; Tourico Holidays, one of our largest clients; and a domestic tour operator expanding programs in the American South.