Tourism - Executive Update
- The Tourism team joined a DFW Airport-led mission to China and South Korea, which included VisitDallas meetings with 30 journalists in Shanghai and in Seoul, while our sales team visited over 200 tour operators and travel agents in Beijing, Shanghai and Seoul. Other partners included area chambers of commerce, the Fort Worth CVB, American Airlines, NorthPark Center and Galleria Dallas. The team hosted trainings, one-on-one product and marketing meetings, and meetings with top accounts.
- Staff conducted VisitDallas' annual sales mission to Costa Rica, hosting an event for tour operators and travel agents in partnership with American Airlines, as well as made sales calls to the top six operators in San Jose, CR.
- The team attended the Texas Tourism/Boletin Turistico Road Show in the Central Mexico Valley, conducting sales calls and educational presentations in Cuernavaca, Toluca, Queretaro and Monterrey.
- We welcomed leadership from one of our new U.K. agencies in a familiarization tour of Dallas, with particular focus on consumer activations for VisitDallas in London.
- Hosted a variety of FAM trips in October, including those for Viajes El Corte Ingles/American Airlines from Queretaro, Mexico; Helloworld from Australia; and a new local Spanish-speaking receptive operator, STI Tours.
- BIG D Holiday for 2017 has officially launched, with a significantly increased promotional effort, fully funded by VisitDallas instead of as a co-op campaign. The number of key regional markets reached has nearly doubled, as has the number of participating organizations and the amount of entertainment content featured. The campaign aims to grow inbound visitation to Dallas to experience all the seasonal activities here through New Year's Day.