Tourism - Executive Update
- Attended the World Travel Market (WTM) in London. WTM is one of Europe's leading travel trade shows, and the team met one-on-one with over 30 tour operators to develop new programs to include Dallas.
- Traveled to Germany, where staff conducted training for the travel consultants at FTI, one of Germany's top tour operator, participated in a video interview to be used by the U.S. Commercial Service as part of their outreach to travel trade, and co-hosted an event for 50 key travel agents and media.
- November FAMs included
- A dozen top tour operators from Costa Rica and Guatemala, in partnership with American Airlines
- Over 100 tour directors and guides from the International Association of Tour Directors and Guides
- Twelve of the top travel agents from Beijing, partnering with American Airlines
- Key travel agencies from Montreal, in support of Air Canada's new direct flight to DFW, which launched in May
- The Moving Cities: Dallas photography exhibition made a cameo appearance during the VisitDallas' Annual Meeting, and then installed at the Dallas City Hall Lobby Gallery where it will be through the end of December.
- Our 2017 BIG D Holiday campaign launched and is officially live. 2017 participation is more than three times larger than last year, with 55 organizations showcasing 88 holiday events. The BigDHoliday.com website went live on November 1, and metrics for the month of November show a 11% - 16% increase in page views year over year. Nearly $65,000 in prizes from participating organizations are being used as promotional tools in nine key regional markets through media buys, radio promotions and social media.