Tourism - Executive Update
- Tourism staff traveled to Salt Lake City to attend the Go West Summit convention, one of the premier tradeshows dedicated to the promotion of the western USA region. The team had the opportunity to meet with over 35 receptive tour operators that sell product to tour operators globally.
- Staff also attended the American Bus Association show, where we had over 45 appointments with domestic tour operators.
- Big news in Dallas TPID submissions tied to arts/cultural events – this month the program exceeded $5 million in pre-approved applications since the program's inception.
- Tourism staff presented destination performance updates and projections to downtown and uptown hotel properties at the Expedia submarket breakfast. The team also hosted a program for VisitDallas partners regarding international visitation data and trends, as well as an overview of domestic travel performance from Texas Tourism.
- The team has finalized details for a Mexico media and sales mission for February. All core international media and sales missions through December 2018 have been planned and dates committed.