Tourism - Executive Update
- Planned and implemented a European media and sales mission, focused on media and trade accounts in France and Italy. We hosted 30+ media in Paris and 70+ media and trade accounts in Rome.
- April was a very busy month for client familiarization tours. We hosted FAMs from Germany, Mexico, New Zealand, UK, Australia and Chile, showcasing new Dallas tourism/hotel product.
- We have named a new director of cultural tourism for VisitDallas, following Jane Robertson's retirement in mid-May. Maribeth Lysen has worked within our VisitDallas Experience division for the past three years, and in that role has been entrusted with some of our agency's top clients and complex programs. She has worked extensively with the City in her past roles, including with several Dallas arts organizations during her time at the Office of Special Events. She received her MFA from Spalding University. Maribeth is a great addition to the VisitDallas Tourism Team and we're excited to welcome her.
- Using the NFL Draft as a hook, Tourism launched a consumer campaign in the UK focusing on all the sports tourism options in Dallas. Utilizing consumer activations, trade promotions, digital advertising and earned editorial, we pushed a strong message of Dallas sports tourism opportunities to our largest overseas market.
- Our next international media and sales mission is in Australia in early May. We have planned a large consumer activation in Sydney; media and trade events in both Sydney and Brisbane; and a variety of individual meetings with trade and media in both cities.