Tourism - Executive Update
- May included a significant Australian media and sales mission, plus a large consumer activation in Sydney. We met with over 200 media and trade contacts in Sydney and Melbourne through the mission, and the activation event attracted almost 20,000 people at Sydney's Olympic Park.
- The Tourism Team participated in IPW, held in Denver this year, the largest travel conference promoting international travel to the US. Staff had over 90 individual meetings with top global tour operators.
- May was a busy month for in-market familiarization tours. Tourism hosted FAMs from Australia, Colombia, the Netherlands, China, and Italy.
- Our new director of cultural tourism has officially started, following Jane Robertson's retirement in mid-May. Maribeth Lysen joins us following three years in the Experience Division of VisitDallas, with additional background with the Dallas Office of Special Events and the Kay Bailey Hutchison Dallas Convention Center.
- Staff participated in the Japan Texas Economic Summit in Houston, collaborating with the Dallas Sports Commission and the City of Dallas to promote Dallas to Japanese companies.