What To Do in Dallas in May
Venture to new venues, the latest eateries and the enjoyable outdoors in May.
The month of May is the perfect time to come to Dallas and play. From a multitude of concerts to exciting celebrations like Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and Memorial Day, there are many ways to enjoy the month in Dallas.
Get Your Live Music Fix
- The Deep Ellum Community Arts Fair May 27-29 will be a weekend filled with curated exhibits, concerts, and food showcasing the genuine talent and businesses inside of our community.
- Catch a show at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory and enjoy the great spring weather at this open-air venue. The Exodus Music and Arts Festival 2023 is May 20-21 with With Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Kierra Sheard, Kelly Jekalyn Carr and more.
- Adventure out to Fair Park at Dos Equis Pavilion to see The Dave Matthews Band and Dead & Company on Memorial Day Weekend. Make plans to start or finish your concert night at Craft & Growler – located just across the street from Fair Park with more than 30 craft beers on draft.
- The Dallas Symphony has some fun events this May! Check out the E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Movie in Concert and the Dee Dee Bridgewater | Jazz!
- See the upcoming Dallas Summer Music Concerts starting in June!
Honor Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month in Dallas
- Discover the art of the Samurai at the Ann & Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum: The Samurai Collection in the Harwood District. After museum hopping, dine at a local Japanese favorite, Tei-An or any of these Asian restaurants.
- In the Dallas Arts District, visit a vibrant, new exhibit Japan, Form & Function: The Montgomery Collection at the Crow Museum of Asian Art. Check out the Dallas Museum of Art, where you can explore the Arts of Asia collection. If it's your first visit, use our first timer's guide to the DMA for additional info and tips.
- Stay at the Hilton Anatole! It is home to one of the largest Asian art collections in the world and displays more than 1,000 pieces of fine art throughout the hotel.
- On your way out, stop by to admire the Morton Meyerson Symphony's Center, designed by Chinese American, renowned architect, I.M. Pei.
Spend Memorial Day Weekend in Dallas
- Head to the Carne Asada Fest on May 28 to enjoy the showcase of food, family, music and 25 + of North Texas' finest Latin food vendors.
- Enjoy a free outdoor performance at the Memorial Day Concert by The Dallas Symphony on May 29 at Flag Hole Hill Park.
- Join in the first Deep Ellum Community Arts Fair May 27-29! The Deep Ellum Community Arts Fair seeks to highlight the wide variety of artists, performers, and entertainers. Join us for a weekend filled with curated exhibits, concerts, and food showcasing the genuine talent and businesses inside of our community.
- If you are looking to spend time outside and save some money, check out this guide to free outdoor adventures. And if you are looking to cool off, check out the city's finest pools during your Dallas getaway.
- If you're visiting with kids, or just love animals, let these 11 photos of the Dallas Zoo inspire you to visit. If you're a parent to older kids, check out this guide to keep them entertained or this guide on where to cool off around town.
- For happy hour or evening entertainment, channel your competitive side at Electric Shuffle then head over to Adair's Saloon, a local watering hole famous for live country music, dancing and an authentic Texas experience.
Best BBQ in Dallas
- National BBQ Day is in May, so naturally you have to try some Dallas BBQ! Find the Best BBQ Joints in Dallas to satisfy your brisket and beans cravings!
Refresh yourself with Margaritas
- In Oak Cliff, pop into Xamán Cafe for coffee and baked goods or Ayahuasca Cantina to enjoy some authentic Mexican dishes or drinks.
- Head to Beto and Son's and make sure to try the famous nitrogen margarita. If you're hunting for authentic tacos, look no further than this list of Dallas' best street tacos.
- Before you leave Dallas you must try the Mambo Taxi, a Dallas staple made of swirled margarita and sangria, at the new Mi Cocina on the Park.
Other Can't-Miss Events in May
- Discover Downtown Dallas Movie Series: Sing the Night Away in partnership with the Joule at Downtown Dallas’ eye-conic landmark, The Eye! See The Greatest Showman on May 17 & Encanto on May 24 (Free but must register for tickets).
- The Sunny South Dallas Food Park is a space curated to showcase a variety of Black and minority-owned businesses, as well as community resources and organizations that serve the surrounding South Dallas community.
- Deep Ellum Wine Walk: Rosé Olé on May 18. Join the Shops of Deep Ellum as we celebrate the awesomeness of springtime, perfect for sipping, shopping and strolling with friends.
- Join us as we welcome the Concert Truck on May 26 and performers from the Dallas Symphony to perform at your very own backyard, Main Street Garden!
- On May 19 enjoy 'til Midnight at the Nasher!
- On Fridays, the DMA Cafe patio will have drinks and light bites for purchase along with complimentary lawn games and music during the Museum’s late hours with Fridays al Fresco.
- Get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure with Moana, as we celebrate Asian American and Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander Heritage with Movies On The Lawn: Moana at AT&T Discovery District on May 28 at 7 p.m.