Our top priority for welcoming visitors back to Dallas is doing it safely, with your health in mind.
Dallas leads the nation in safety and sanitation with the most Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ accredited hotels and venues.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- Dallas Love Field
- AT&T Stadium
- American Airlines Center
- 30 hotels
What is GBAC STAR?
GBAC STAR is a performance-based accreditation program that helps facilities demonstrate they have the work practices, procedures, and protocols to prepare, respond, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics. The program was developed by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC)), a division of ISSA.
GBAC STAR accreditation helps instill confidence with customers, hospitality staff, and key stakeholders that facilities have the proper cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention systems in place. Accredited hotels and venues demonstrate compliance with the program's 20 elements, including enhanced cleaning and contactless services.
GBAC STAR accreditation means that a facility is implementing the industry's highest standards for cleaning and disinfection of infectious agents like the novel coronavirus. Accredited venues and hotels have:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly skilled cleaning professionals who are trained for outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
Learn more about the GBAC Star accreditation program here.
GBAC Star Resources
GBAC Star Facility Directory - Interactive Map
Dallas Hospitality Community to Lead Clean City Initiative - Press Release
Becoming a GBAC Accredited Facility in Dallas
Contact Raul Santillan for more information.
Sr. Manager, Partnerships