Welcome to Dallas!
A city that surprises, a destination that inspires big ideas. No, this isn't the Dallas you thought you knew; this is a new Dallas, full of energy and development – a city on the move. As the ninth-largest city in the country, Dallas is already one of the country's leading hubs for business and innovation, and the Dallas metro area is a top visitor destination in Texas. Big things are happening in here. Surprising things. We're excited for your visit!
2022 Thorpe Cup
July 9-10, 2022
St. Mark's School of Texas
The Thorpe Cup is an international track and field competition between USA and Germany. Teams are composed of up to seven men and seven women who compete in the decathlon and heptathlon. Athletes receive a predetermined number of points based upon their performances in each of the events in the decathlon and heptathlon. The top five men's and top three women's scores are added together to determine the overall men's and women's team winners.
The decathlon consists of the 100m, long jump, shot put, high jump, 400m, 110m hurdles, discus, pole vault, javelin and 1500m. The heptathlon consists of the 100m hurdles, high jump, shot put, 200m, long jump, javelin and 800m.
Saturday, July 9th - Heptathlon
- 100 Meter Hurdles - 10:00am - 10:10am
- High Jump - 10:40am - 12:10pm
- Shot Put - 12:40pm - 1:10pm
- 200 meters race - 1:40pm - 1:50pm
Saturday, July 9 - Decathlon
- 100 meters race - 10:30am - 10:40am
- Long Jump - 11:10am - 11:40am
- Shot Put - 12:10p - 12:40pm
- High Jump - 1:10pm - 2:40pm
- 400 meters - 3:10pm - 3:20pm
Sunday, July 10 - Heptathlon
- Long Jump - 12:00pm - 12:30pm
- Javelin - 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- 800 meters race - 2:00pm - 2:10pm
Sunday - July 10 - Decathlon
- 110 Hurdles - 10:00am - 10:10am
- Discus - 10:40am - 11:10am
- Pole Vault - 11:40am - 1:40pm
- Javelin - 2:10pm - 2:40pm
- 1500 meters race - 3:10pm - 3:20pm