Get out and play in 5.2 acres of urban space in the heart of Downtown Dallas.
Posted on May 1, 2017
Chances are you've driven right under this beautifully manicured urban space while traveling on Woodall Rodgers Freeway in Downtown Dallas. Open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., check out the top 10 reasons why no visit to Dallas is complete without a stop at Klyde Warren Park.
1. Kiddos will love the special Children's Park that feature interactive fountains, playgrounds, a storytelling tree and more.
2. Don't worry about going hungry. Grab a table at Savor, a modern gastropub that mixes a variety of unique flavors that's perfect for an evening for two or a group of friends. The park is also home to a ton of food trucks that serve up Korean BBQ, made-to-order burgers, gourmet ice cream cookies and more.
3. Practice your tree pose. Yogis flock here by the dozens to participate in the weekly yoga hour every Saturday from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
4. Klyde Warren Park is huge! The sprawling 5.2 acres of urban space is about the size of four football fields.
5.The park is dog-friendly! Pups of all shapes and sizes are welcome to scamper around a fenced environment where they can socialize off their leash and enjoy the cool fountains on a warm day.
6. Tap your toes with live performances all year long. Check the Muse Family Performance Pavilion schedule that is typically filled with concerts, theatre and dances performances all year long.
7. Escape the hustle and bustle with the Dallas Morning News Reading & Games room. BYO-Book or enjoy a magazine from one of the racks. Take in a guest speaker, dive into a special workshop or go head-to-head with friends in backgammon or chess.
8. Plan the perfect picnic. With three different open lawn areas to choose from, picnics are always a fantastic option in the park.
9. Refresh and renew with a stroll through the botanical garden. Featuring decomposed granite walkways, this quiet area allows visitors to peruse through native plant species and flowers that change by the season.
10. Ping pong anyone? It's okay to be a little competitive in The Commons area that features ping pong tables, petanque and foosball.
There's simply never a dull moment at the park that's just as much fun for adults as it is for kiddos. Make sure you plan ahead and save time for parking. There's parking stations close to the park's perimeter, paid parking and even a valet service near Savor.
Capture all your favorite moments and share them with us on Instagram using #DallasBIGMoments for your chance to win cool prizes.